Recording

TJones

Alright, I have a $500.00 budget and wish to record my drums at home with good quality. I already have the mics. I've tried researching this topic, but just cant quite grasp it for some reason. I have only recorded in the studio previously. Could someone throw some set-up ideas at me that will work. I thought I could grab a Behringer X2222 and run my mics through it and into my computer and record/edit with Cubase or what ever. Problem is, I want individual control of each 8 mics, and I believe it only has 2 outputs. Im at a loss. Someone at the music store in my area threw the idea of a Zoom R24 at me, but it doesnt look durable at all. i dont know. Thanks in advance for any and all help offered.

Anything that I know of that is in the price range that you are looking in is only going to send two channels into the computer.
You will have to mix your drums outside of yore computer.
At least that is what I know to be true.

The Zoom's seem to do a pretty good job. I have heard many recordings from them.
They are OK and not spectacular.

Expensive software like Pro Tools combined with a high end firewire mixer is what really makes a recording come to life.

I really want to give the PreSonus FireStudio Project (FS Project) a shot because Ive heard some nice recordings done with this unit, BUT my laptop doesnt have a firewire inlet of course.......

Back