Pearl Eliminators

Is it possible to buy the belts from the belt model and put them on the chain model. I know they sell the belts and chains seperatly so i wasn't sure if you could switch between both of them. I don't see why not, but just curious.

I'm pretty sure you can do this. I think I read it somewhere on Pearl's site or something "official" like that, but I may be confusing the Elims with another pedal (I looked at A LOT of pedals when I was in the market to buy). Contact your nearest Pearl dealer and ask them. Assuming it's correct they can also order the belts for you and get you on your way.

Yes you can. I wanted both, so I bought the chain version, and then bought the belts separately, because the chain and belt versions of the pedals cost the same, but the belts are cheaper than the chains.

Yes you can. I wanted both, so I bought the chain version, and then bought the belts separately, because the chain and belt versions of the pedals cost the same, but the belts are cheaper than the chains.

Awesome...I love how adjustable these pedals are. So since you have both chain and belts...how different are they in terms of performance?

Belts do feel a little lighter, and somehow softer. That's propably because the chains are more rigid sideways. I like how the chains are a bit more stable, but I'm using the belts 'cause I like the lighter feel. Or maybe it's just that I never bothered to try the chains again after I put the belts on. :)

After I got my Elims I tried the belt and hated it. It felt rubbery to me, and like there was a lag in the feel.
I usually love belt drive pedals too.

I put the chain back on, and haven't looked back.
The belt wasn't expensive, so you aren't out a whole lot if you don't like it.

I have a feeling I will like them better. No matter what I do to this pedal with the chains I get this annoying kickback from the footboard...like the chainbelt bends when I bring the beater back. I've ajusted everything in tons of different combonations...i've seriously tried everything and it won't go away its seriously making me start to regret I bought this pedal.

Last edited:
The spring attachment thing on the side seems different to me than other pedals.

It does seem to bring the foot board back up, or bring the spring back in starting position faster/differently than most pedals.

To me, it feels like the same pressure going down, and coming back.

That's one of the main things I like about the pedal.

Maybe try a lighter spring?

The strap to me just had a weird feel, like the strap wasn't solidly on the cam and it was "jumpy".

It's pretty rigid, and it doesn't sit perfectly flat on the cam. Maybe it does after time, but I didn't like it near enough to wait that out.

When I put the chain back on, it felt like a direct drive compared to the feel of the Pearl strap.

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit more on what your pedal adjustments are like. I.e spring tightness, footboard position (how far up or back is it, how low or high to the ground is it?) cam choice, beater positions? That would be very much appreciated! :D

I'm playing mainly louder rock gigs, & I use this pedal set-up on 3 Elims. It works for my foot on any kit I play (quite a few back line kits).

My spring is the DW heavy spring.

Beater is a older DW with the plastic side and the cam is Red.

The foot board is in the "middle" notch setting.

The angle is sort of far back on the beater, and the chain was shortened by one link because I wanted to have the beater where it was, but the foot board higher.

To shorten the chain, I undid the two small screws, raised the chain one notch and put the screws back in. Hasn't caused any issue at all.

I've had 2 of the 3 pedals for about 5 years, the third almost 2 years. They're all set up the same way (as exact as I could get).

Looks like this:

Pedal.jpg

I also have a beater weight (think it's a Tama--can't remember) right under the beater head. Felt good that way so I left it.

You'd think it'd weigh a ton (compared to other beaters) and take a lot to get the pedal going, but it's real fast and smooth, & feels great to me.

A bunch of others have used the pedals on various occasions, and no one has said anything or asked to switch it out for theirs, so it must feel OK to other people--or not be an issue because the beater itself is "too heavy" or something.

It works for quieter settings also, but for something real quite, I'd probably switch to a regular felt beater.

Mine is pretty much identical in settings as your is except for the shorter chain and high footboard. I actually think my beater is a bit farther back too. Prsonally I found that the higher the footboard was more kickback I got. So right now its probably a good inch and a half - 2 inchs lower. What kind of springs would you suggest to fix this problem.

If the foot board is lower, do you play into the head? Meaning, leave the beater on the head between strokes?

If you play into the head and it has bounce back, it's more likely the head tension pushing the beater off between strokes.

I'm not positive, but I don't think spring tension itself is going to do anything (for a bounce or kick back) other than make the pedal feel lighter or heavier under your foot.

I'm using the DW HEAVY spring on mine.
They would/should have that at Guitar Center, or a DW dealer drum shop.

I'd play with the head tension on a few lugs to see if that helps. The 2 bottom lugs, or the 2 middle lugs seems to change the feel more than the sound on my bass drums.

I play off the head every stroke (the beater comes back off the head).

Good luck with it!

If the foot board is lower, do you play into the head? Meaning, leave the beater on the head between strokes?

If you play into the head and it has bounce back, it's more likely the head tension pushing the beater off between strokes.

I'm not positive, but I don't think spring tension itself is going to do anything (for a bounce or kick back) other than make the pedal feel lighter or heavier under your foot.

I'm using the DW HEAVY spring on mine.
They would/should have that at Guitar Center, or a DW dealer drum shop.

I'd play with the head tension on a few lugs to see if that helps. The 2 bottom lugs, or the 2 middle lugs seems to change the feel more than the sound on my bass drums.

I play off the head every stroke (the beater comes back off the head).

Good luck with it!

Well I probably should have mentioned that it occours on both slave and main pedal but its more severe on the slave which is odd beacuse they are identical in settings maybe a couple of threads difference in the spring tension but that is usually the case. I do some times play into the head but not when using both pedals.

Back