Another pedal thread...

king fail

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new single pedal.
I know I should never buy a pedal without playing it yeah, yeah... but there's really not a place near me where I can try a wide variety of pedals.
However I do know what I like and what I don't, and it would be awesome if you could share some thoughts and ideas.

I'm looking for a lightweight, well balanced pedal with a smooth, clean action. One thing I've noticed with some newer pedals is that a lot of them feel quite over-engineered... the action of the beater going into the head is more focused and emphasized than the outward motion, which I don't really like.
I don't generally bury the beater, and It feels quite weird to play on such pedals... (I'm pretty sure my technique isn't a problem) I'm not all that great at explaining this sort of stuff, but for a frame of reference the action of the old camco pedals for instance was quite the opposite of what I just described. I love the balance and action on those pedals.

Any suggestions on what you think I might like?

Thanks.

Ludwig speed king
twentyTWENtwen

It sounds like you don't like cams. I'd go with an Iron Cobra RG version (Rolling Glide), or the Pearl Eliminator, which has interchangeable cams, one of which is pretty round, IIRC. The Speed King would also work, and as a bonus, the squeaking will keep you company when you play alone!

It sounds like you don't like cams. I'd go with an Iron Cobra RG version (Rolling Glide), or the Pearl Eliminator, which has interchangeable cams, one of which is pretty round, IIRC. The Speed King would also work, and as a bonus, the squeaking will keep you company when you play alone!

LOL.
Thanks a lot everyone, I'll check out the speedking, and the elims cams... IC's feel really heavy and hard to control for me.
I have very selective feet :)

If you like the Camco pedal. Check out the Tama Iron Cobra Jr. and the DW 5000 single chain (older models). Both come straight off the "family tree" that was the Camco pedal.

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new single pedal.
I know I should never buy a pedal without playing it yeah, yeah...ion on those pedals.

Any suggestions on what you think I might like?

Thanks.

my suggestion: forget your question..you are on a "consumer´s trip"......any lousy pedal from the fleemarked does do the job, once you know about music, and about to differently play the BD for various music stiles. This, IMO, is much more important than promotional technical high tech promises....
facit: any ol` pedal does do the job, if it is about to have a gig with a band, it is just up to you and not to the pedal.
If you feel uncomfortable with any pedal: Imagine someone wants to play fiddle and he feels uncomfortable with the way the strings are arranged... So he goes out an tries to find a fiddle with the strings arranged different and more comfortable, instead of practising..no way!

Back