New Tama B/B EFX and HH/HHX

shoedaddy

Just picked this up. It's actually the second time I've owned a kit in this finish, and I regretted trading the other one. This is a Tama Starclassic Performer B/B EFX in Shattered Turquoise Sparkle with black nickel hardware. It has a 7x12 mounted tom, and 12x14 and 14x16 floor toms. This one is a bit different in that it has a 20x22 bass drum, which I love, rather than the 18x20 on the last one I had. The snare has a matching finish and hardware but is actually a used birch shell Starclassic Performer. I picked up these HH/HHX cymbals as part of Sabian's new gospel/praise pack. I don't actually play that kind of music, but these cymbals suited my needs perfectly. The pack comes with 13" HH Fusion hi-hats, 12" HH Splash, 18" HHX Evolution crash, 21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride, and a 16" HHX Evolution Crash. Great set-up.

Attachments

• LA 2009 063-5.jpg
    LA 2009 063-5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,419
  • LA 2009 069-2.jpg
    LA 2009 069-2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,859
  • LA 2009 053-2.jpg
    LA 2009 053-2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,232
nice kit man, i like the look of the black hardware on on the turquoise sparkle, and how do you like the hats ive got a set of the aa fusions, anyways congrats on the new kit.

Beautiful kit man. I like your set up looks really comfortable to play. The B/B sound amazing. I have the Gold Crush Glitter. I have coated ambassadors on top and clear ambassadors as reso heads and it sound s great.

Odd...
Those are the exact dimensions I either already own or strive to own, shallow tom and all...
Peculiar...

Anywho, love the finish, love the cymbals, love the brand, love it. I would totally buy that from you if I had any money whatsoever.

Nice drums man. Love the whole set up.
Check out my kit.. I have the SC performer in red sparkle fade.

i'm jealous.
that's a sick setup you got bro. that nickel hardware goes well.
i'm trying to save for one of these kits.

Thanks, all. I'm really happy with the kit, having had a chance to play it with the band now a couple of times. Having owned a B/B kit before, I knew I would like the sound, but the bass drum in that size is unbelievable. According to the shop, someone had special ordered the kit then didn't get it, so it was my luck that they had something sitting there that fit my tastes. The cymbals really blended great with the band, too. In fact, I couldn't be happier with that pre-pack. I suppose it's always taking a chance, but I like the sound of each of them. If ordering individually, I'd probably pick a smaller splash and maybe bigger crashes, but they do sound great together. I've always loved the sound of the HH RBDR, but I prefer the "modern" sound of the HHX crashes. And the HH Fusion hats are a real revelation. I'd never seen them anywhere, so it was a bit of a leap of faith. They have a very thick, heavy raw botton hat with two holes in it, then a medium top. Great, defined "chick" sound and warm stick sound. I love 'em. You're one step ahead of me, Eddiehimself--I was just thinking that an Evolution O-zone crash would fit that set-up perfectly.

you said it yourself - a great set up, just a gorgeous finish on those B/B's, interesting seeing all those dark cymbals with a brilliant finish, must sound great! have fun with that sweet kit!

(and i wanna cast another vote for that O-Zone crash as well, they sound awsome!)

Yeah thats a killer shell for that 20x22 size.

Shoe can you explain a bit more about that cymbal pack? From what I've seen, it doesn't exist. Nothing remotely that good is on the sabian site or music123, MF, Sam Ash etc.
To get those cymbals individually it would cost $2000- 2500.

Yeah thats a killer shell for that 20x22 size.

Shoe can you explain a bit more about that cymbal pack? From what I've seen, it doesn't exist. Nothing remotely that good is on the sabian site or music123, MF, Sam Ash etc.
To get those cymbals individually it would cost $2000- 2500.

Got it from a catalog from a place called Explorers out of Kansas City--list price is about $1500, sale price is less than half that. I couldn't believe it myself--it's some new product introductory blowout. I wasn't really planning on ordering them, but when I heard the price, I couldn't say no. I think you have to call for that price--check their website for info.

Here's a pic of the packaging--

Attachments

• Sabian HH HHX pack.jpg
    Sabian HH HHX pack.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Explorers Percussion dot com is a great online drumming resource with great pricing.
I bought Humes and Berg padded cases for my snares that are sitting, waiting their turn, and the prices are great. Check them out.

Truly a great deal man. I'll try to tell people about these. I would even buy a set because I would have use for all of those.

Back