Slingerland - Free To Good Home

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
OK guys and gals this item is free to anyone who wants it. I want it to go to a good home.
It is a 110 volt ac lighted Slingerland advertising sign.

If you want it, the only catch is, you must own a Slingerland drum set and be willing to give this sign a good home.

I will pay the shipping costs if you live in the USA. If you live outside the USA I will expect you to re-pay me for the shipping costs.

The first Slingerland drum kit owner to send me a private message gets it.

Img_9113-vi.jpg

That would look great in the studio. I used to own a Slingerland set. Does that count?

(it's a redundant question, I know)

Just sent you a PM! If you are nice enough to give me that sign for free and go through the trouble of packing and shipping it, then I insist on paying the charges! Thanks!

OK, we have a winner !!

robthetimekeeper Just acquired a vintage Slingerland kit.

I'll be sending the sign to him.......

Congrats Robthetimekeeper!

Thanks MaryO! I haven't won anything since I was 12 when I won a ten pound Hershey Bar in a raffle at the fair! I ate half of it and was sick for a week. That Slingerland sign is way cooler and probably a lot healthier!

Thanks a bunch Jim! You're alright in my book. ;)
BTW, How did you end up with that sign?

Thanks MaryO! I haven't won anything since I was 12 when I won a ten pound Hershey Bar in a raffle at the fair! I ate half of it and was sick for a week. That Slingerland sign is way cooler and probably a lot healthier!

Thanks a bunch Jim! You're alright in my book. ;)
BTW, How did you end up with that sign?

My Dad had it in his drum room. He always played Slingerland drums. He probably found the sign at a thrift store maybe 30 years ago. He went to the Salvation Army thrift store every week.

I don't have a drum room. The sign does not fit in with my Steampunk Submarine room:

Here is a tour of my room: http://youtu.be/D2gbv6ibfaw

I too like to browse thrift shops and yard sales. I have found a lot of great treasures that way. When you find something cool that you could never just go and buy at Walmart, it is a good feeling.

P.S. That submarine room totally rocks! I built a 10'x18' room inside of my garage for playing my drums but I sometimes have so much gear that I don't have enough room to play.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 165
Are the Slingies in the pic somewhere? I don't see any. Nice room BTW.

Are the Slingies in the pic somewhere? I don't see any. Nice room BTW.

The Slingerlands are there. I was standing on them when I took the picture.

Just kidding! That picture is from a month ago. The room is much more crowded right now. Last count I had four personal kits and six kits for sale. I have 18 snare drums and all but 5 are for sale. Plus I still have four sets of Yamaha marching quads I'm trying to sell. Not to mention all of the hardware!
One of these days I will finally get some time to fix and play my drums!

I need a few parts and then I will clean them up and post some good pics of my Slingies. This is what they looked like when I got them.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111868

Sweet. Are you gonna keep them or flip them? I have a special place in my heart for Slingies as I had some as my first kit.

I'm definitely going to keep them. They are just too cool. I really don't need another kit but I know I'd regret it if I sold them. I decided to sell my vintage Ludwigs instead.

Back