If you were bankrupt, starving and cold, could YOU burn your kit to keep you alive?

I sold my Rogers in 2006 to make space so I doubt I'd be squeamish about ritual survival burnings.

I'd first remove the wrap (unless it was Andy's Gurus, in which case I could just toss it straight on the flames). I would then charge Doc Watso for use of my fire to do his cooking ...

If I was bankrupt, starving, and cold I would have no problem burning your drumkit to stay alive :)

I definitely would not burn my drums to stay warm. I would probably play my drums to stay warm. Physical activity is a much more efficient/effective way to stay warm/alive.

I'd first remove the wrap (unless it was Andy's Gurus, in which case I could just toss it straight on the flames). I would then charge Doc Watso for use of my fire to do his cooking ...
Raw elephant/child sushi is a delicacy in Australia where they will eat any old nasty thing you put in front of their criminal/aboriginal faces; as long as it's served with that swill "Fosters". True story.

Last edited:
That is THE most INSANE question I have fever heard. What's next? If you were on an airplane and 150 lbs had to go to keep it from crashing, would you throw the drums out or jump yourself? Would you have given up your seat on the Titanic's life boat for your drums?

I realise this is a stupid question looking at all the other possibilites (ie sell them or play for money) but what if they weren't an option. Say I dunno, nuclear apocalypse or something, freezing cold winter and all you have left is part of your beloved kit. Your only connection to the past ways apart from the clothes on your back. The only option is burn the remaining parts of your kit or possibly freeze to death

Raw elephant/child sushi is a delicacy in Australia where they will eat any old nasty thing you put in front of their criminal/aboriginal faces; as long as it's served with that swill "Fosters". True story.

What do you think Vegemite is??? (and yep, being a yeast extract, it even includes the swill)

Wanna know the best thing about Fosters? We export that crap overseas. No upstanding Aussie will touch the stuff. It's been our own private little joke on the world for years.

What do you think Vegemite is??? (and yep, being a yeast extract, it even includes the swill)

Wanna know the best thing about Fosters? We export that crap overseas. No upstanding Aussie will touch the stuff. It's been our own private little joke on the world for years.

So being from Melbourne, your beer of choice is likely to be Victoria Bitter or Carlton, right?

I spent some time with some mates (see what I did there) from Australia who work for my company and I got the lowdown on the regional beer preferences. They let me know about Fosters.

About 20 years ago, we could get Coopers Sparkling Ale here. That and Fosters and not much else from down under. But I loved Coopers Sparkling Ale. It was anything but sparkling, actually, and it had a head like whipped cream. Delicious. Haven't seen it in a long time.

The worst part isn't even what you do to yourselves, it's the bad image you give those poor new zealanders.

Anyhow, MAD, can we get a photoshop of Grea riding a kangaroo with a Fosters in one hand, and some elephant sushi in the other? I think it's called for, as we need to show the world what these "people" are really all about.

So you're not happy about being charged for the fire? Is that where all this hostility comes from? You think it should be free? This isn't just any old fire - those are my drums, bucko! Cook your darn sushi, be grateful and don't do a runner. I'll keep an eye on you, lad.

And avoid Vegemite - it's made in the US by Kraft and they don't use genuine Australian elephant. Mighty Mite and Freedom Vege Spread are the real deal, the latter only usin using organic Australian elephants fed exclusively on free range children with a tick from the Heart Foundation!

With the Fosters, I'm always deeply disappointed when I'm in the pub with friends and they order it. I just don't understand why you would want beer that tastes like fizzy, watered-down piss when there are decent ales on tap for the same money.

Naturally, I've berated them for their choice and bought the strongest cider I can find for the next round so I can give them a good kicking under the table with the next pint. If the cider tastes like it might still have straw in it, then it's a good thing.

Fosters. Yuck. Only beaten by 'Wifebeater's Choice' - Stella Artois.

So being from Melbourne, your beer of choice is likely to be Victoria Bitter or Carlton, right?

In the midst of a sweltering Aussie summer, the Carlton's were being knocked back steadily last night mate. You are well versed in many of our local brews Larry. If you ever find yourself at the bar with me, at least you'll be well informed as to what exactly is doing all the damage. I'm sure for such a special occasion we could even raise the bar for a couple of Crown Lagers....or "Crownies" as they are known locally.

Coopers is also a good drop. Although I tend to be of the mindset that there are only two kinds of beers.....good and better (excluding Fosters of course....but that's a piss take and not a beer anyway)

The worst part isn't even what you do to yourselves, it's the bad image you give those poor new zealanders.

Ah yes, the Kiwis. The only nation to prompt the questions, where was Zealand and why the hell did anyone think we needed a new one? :)

So you're not happy about being charged for the fire? Is that where all this hostility comes from? You think it should be free? This isn't just any old fire - those are my drums, bucko! Cook your darn sushi, be grateful and don't do a runner. I'll keep an eye on you, lad.
No, no, I fully expect to be charged several times by your kind. I can't help that you people are unreasonable.

And avoid Vegemite - it's made in the US by Kraft and they don't use genuine Australian elephant. Mighty Mite and Freedom Vege Spread are the real deal, the latter only usin using organic Australian elephants fed exclusively on free range children with a tick from the Heart Foundation!
Everyone should keep in mind that when an Aussie says "free range children" that really only means that they get let out into a small outdoor pen for a few hours a day in order to satisfy government regulatory requirements. They don't care about their food stock children at all. The slop they get fed is a mixture of Fosters, vegemite, and powdered kangaroo pouch.

Back