Post your Gig Pics

Hey Doctor Evil, what's the story with all the floosies? :)

They're my gorgeous fem-bots, who will help me conquer your tiny planet!

We played the local "Tat2Fest" and these were the pinup models, who competed during the event. Brenda, the lovely redhead on the bottom left, won it all. She's hosting our next "Fat Wednesday" party...which ought to help draw a crowd. I hope so...none of us are anywhere near as sexy. ;)

They're my gorgeous fem-bots, who will help me conquer your tiny planet!

We played the local "Tat2Fest" and these were the pinup models, who competed during the event. Brenda, the lovely redhead on the bottom left, won it all. She's hosting our next "Fat Wednesday" party...which ought to help draw a crowd. I hope so...none of us are anywhere near as sexy. ;)

Is Doctor Evil an alien now? :) I thought he was just another dad trying to inculcate his teenage son into his crime racket.

You guys are getting some fun gigs. Alas, I have no cool band pics because my band isn't cool ... not in that way, anyway ...

Some old gigging pics from the 80's :)

Attachments

• Titi 6.jpg
    Titi 6.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Titi 5.jpg
    Titi 5.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Titi 4.jpg
    Titi 4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Titi 3.jpg
    Titi 3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Titi 2.jpg
    Titi 2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Titi 1.jpg
    Titi 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 275
how you likin that JN snare? i had the tailpipe last year. worst mistake ever to sell it, but i used that extra money to put towards my DW classic kit and just bought a black beauty. That snare was the best snare I have ever played in my life. GOD i miss it.

Hey brother,
I'm lovin' the snare. For a wooden drum, it's as loud and powerful as any metal drum I've played, plus it has such a nice, rich tone and beautiful "pop" to it. I really like it. The more I play it, the better it sounds. Congrats on your classics and BB. Great drums all around!

Just after soundcheck - Fabrik, Hamburg, Germany. Hanson Brothers "Sudden Debt" Europe Tour 2012

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 2,402
starland.jpg

Clear snare batter, interesting - how do you like the sound of that?
I hated it. The whole kit was a rental that was driven up to us pretty much sight unseen. This was the last week of the tour and I just went through my last head. The shop was across the street from the Fabrik [Just Drums] moved, and I didn't have time to change it. The sound was okay, but I swear it gave me vertigo playing it.

Yes, now that is a great looking gig space. Love the industrial vibe, & it's ripe for maximum "snareverb" loveliness :)

It was totally great! The sound in that room was unbelievable. All these giant wood beams and poles everywhere, full-length balcony on either side and behind, holds 1100. The drums sounded crushing, and I had no problem with the Texas Headphones. The Fabrik has been there for years and years, right on the edge of the Reeperbahn.

And you're right, cd, the atmosphere was really excellent. And the backstage was classic in every respect, with some truly fun backstage wall graffiti, yet mysteriously clean and tidy. And during the day, half of it turns into a youth center so kids can come and do activities and stuff. Very well organized place and truly a treat to play there.

The rotos are classic (if not dated) rock. The sound is great and they pack up 2-for-one in cases. Much easier on my back. The sizes are 12" 14" 16" and 18". 20" bass, 14x5" snare.

Another interesting gigging room. You look somewhat stoic :)

Haha....stoic eh? I hate to smile in pics, so I guess I'll take that as a compliment :) That gig was in a huge 6000 seat mosque. The sound was crappy though, like being in a gymnasium. The sound guys were complaining about the room sound as well. Looked cool in a picture though!

Back