Roland TD-3 Bass Drum Pad

jcsfootball

Hey,

I got an Iron Cobra double pedal not too long ago and started practicing with it. I noticed that whenever I am playing double pedal, it sounds like the kick pad is only triggering one beater. The beaters are evenly spaced as close to the center of the pad as I can get them, and even if I turn the pad sensitivity up I still have the same problem. Are there any solutions to this? Or would it be better to get the KD-85 or the KD-120 kick pad?

Thomas

I have exactly the oposite problem: i got a single bass pedal but my TD-6 bass drum pad usually triggers TWO hits instead of just one if i hit it a bit harder. Seems like the beater rebounds and hits it again a fraction of a milisencond. Or it could be the triggert too.

If i try to mess with this "mask" do you think i could get rid of this problem?

THe solution i found was wrap the beater on some old socks, so i would stop any rebound thing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I think (Its been a while), thats got something to do with 'X-Talk' Cancel.
If it is set to low your pad will be more sensitive and trigger for example, when your hitting other pads on the frame . . So it you crank it up your pad will become Less-sensitive and will not perform "Double Hits" from your beater or such like.
I think the trick is, just experiment with each of your problem pads and see what works,im sure its different for everyone as we all play at different velocitys .. And if worse comes to worse, Do the dreaded thing and RTFM ! ! ! lol

Hope you find this usefull
Dan

X-talk parameter is mainly used to avoid triggering on vibrations and such from other pads or rack. Mask time turns off the trigger after a hit. typically some milliseconds.
You can also experiment with the beater type and tension on your pedal.

/Oldie

Back