ATTACK HEADS Terry Bozzio sig series.

IL DUCE

I just put this brand on my snare drum. It's a single ply coated batter head with a clear thin snare side.I've never used a single ply head for anything. I've always prefered 2 ply heads. But in constant search to expand my horizons I decided to try these. It's also my first time using ATTACK brand heads. All I can say is HOLY SH*T man that single ply head is loud. I tuned it perfectly. I'm using just an ordinary mapex mars pro series snare 14x5 those heads breathed new life into the old snare. A beautiful crack when I hit it. A nice full sound eminated from the snare. I'm really impressed so far with these heads. The head has just a nice feel to it when you hit it. So far so good. My freind is a big ATTACK fan. To me even though there less expensive than Remo or Evans they seem just as good.We will see how long they last.

i've been using Attack heads for years since the late 80's. back then they only had one line that was similar to Pinstripes and were called "Deadheads". they ended up having to change their name due to possible litigation with the "Deadheads/Grateful Dead" connotation, thus the name change to Attack. they then started to expand their lines to where they are today.

i only use the Bozzio series head on the snare and the regular Attack series on the toms and kick. very durable heads, great sound, and extremely cost effective. unfortunately they get lost in the remo/evans/aquarian shuffle.

I have used the bozio coated 14 on snare,and the snare side and really liked them.I also tried the clear bozio on toms and I like them to,from what i understand they are made from the same kind of film/mylar as remo evans etc where the reg attacks are made from dynaflex,which is a different kind of film.as far as durability goes they have held up just as well as aquarians and remos for me.The kit I use them on is an Eames,they have a 45 modern edge on them,if you look at the collar on the bozios it is different than a remo or aquarian,but they seem to tune and seat very well on a sharp bearing edge.I am going to try them on my 60's rogers to see how they do.

Attack TB signature heads use the exact same mylar as Remo Ambassadors. The difference is in the coating and the construction. That's it.

...from what i understand they are made from the same kind of film/mylar as remo evans etc where the reg attacks are made from dynaflex,which is a different kind of film..

that is correct. and the coating on their coated heads is extremely durable as compared to remo by far.

Interstate Music has absolutely tremendous prices on Attack heads. as an example: you can get a single ply regular Attack series in 12, 13, 14, 16, 22 from them for about $49.00 where the same combo in Remo would be about $128.00. BIG difference!!

Back