Thomas Pridgen

B

beatz

When I was browsing the gospel chops site I came across a drummer named Thomas Pridgen who's playing is absolutely incredible. He won Guitar Center's drum off when he was nine and became the youngest drummer to be endorsed by Zildjian at twelve. He was accepted to Berklee at age fifteen. This guy is really good, just thought you guys should know about him.(He's not on the drummerworld site).

Re: New Drummer: Anyone heard of him?!?

I know, as soon as I read that he won the Guitar Center drumoff at nine, I had to go and practice so I wouldn't feel like a complete failure!!

you know what is funny man, i checked out that website and saw him on there, and i swear man i was just about to post a thread about him, you just post another one on eric more he won guitar center drum off in 2003, but yeah thomas is crazy, a little goofy, but damn good

Bonham to the moon said:
man i hate prodigies. . . . . . .

Tony Williams was a child prodigy. He was playing clubs by the time he was ten. Also Buddy Rich was a child prodigy, do you hate him? I enjoy seeing prodigies personally. It makes things interesting. Some people are just lucky enough to discover what they were meant to do at an early age. I only wish I started younger.

i meant it as a joke. . . .chill out. Its discouraging to hear that nine year has won the nationwide drumoff though. But good for him, though i havent heard much of recent child prodigies, just like actors, if you bring em to early they usually spiral downward pretty fast.

I watched his video on Gospel Chops and the kid's pretty talented. He really doesn't seem like the average "child prodigy" that you see whose parents exploit them and parade them around. He seems like a nice and genuinely talented guy and if he keeps his attitude, he'll go far.

Thomas Pridgen (new Mars Volta drummer)

Once again, The Mars Volta has a new drummer.

After the loss of Jon Theodore, the unethusiastic joining of Blake Flemming, and the brief appearance of Deatoni Parks, The Mars Volta has added their newest member.

Thomas Pridgen, a really talented young Berklee drummer has officially joined for the upcoming dates. With a heavy gospel and R&B influence, he seems to mesh with the band well so far from the few dates he has already played with TMV.

In my personal opinion after hearing his stuff before TMV, I really think he'll work well with the band. Hopefully he will stay for longer than a year...

Check him and some sounds and videos on his MySpace page.

Re: Thomas Pridgen (new Mars Volta drummer)

I met Thomas at NAMM maybe 8 or 10 years ago - he was really young - and he was a great kid and a talented player. His mom was taking him around, and they were both really nice. I knew he'd be destined for great things, not just another child prodigy headed for the "cute then, but where are they now?" file.

Bermuda

THE MARS VOLTA'S NEW DRUMMER

HEY TMV'S got a new drummer Thomas Pridgen. I don t know much about him any one got any info?? im excited.

1174137239.jpg

Thomas just recently made his official debut with The Mars Volta overseas and the first live bootleg is exhilarating! He's a terror! All drum scholars take note: check this guy's page for a megaupload link: http://myspace.com/auslive You wont be sorry.

Back