Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Hey everyone,

So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware.

Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't seem to find any component drums for this finish. Rupps is usually reliable for having any kind of individual drums, but they only offer the shell pack. I got the 10x8, 12x9, 16x14, 22x18 pack and wanted to add a 14x12.

If anyone knows anything about where I can order one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

You probably have to order the floortom at Tama, it is unlikely that any vendor will have it readily available in stock. You should contact e.g. Rupps or Sweetwater, so they can order the tom directly at Tama for you. It can take a few months though until you get the floortom.

Hey everyone,

So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware.

Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't seem to find any component drums for this finish. Rupps is usually reliable for having any kind of individual drums, but they only offer the shell pack. I got the 10x8, 12x9, 16x14, 22x18 pack and wanted to add a 14x12.

If anyone knows anything about where I can order one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Nice choice of drums ! Rupps does'nt update for finishes too often so it's not going to be on the website.... so just call them and order it. Or did you call ??

I'm not sure about that particular drum/finish, but I just received a new 18" tom for my Performer B/B SIB kit. I ordered through Forks Drum Closet. Yogi, is the guy I contacted there, and he is active on the Tama Forums.
Here's a link to the thread.
It was a 5 month wait (well worth it), and the match was exact, the drum was perfect, and the sound exceeded my expectations!

The folks at Forks are quite reliable and will get the add-on drum for you no problem. It may take a couple of months, though, like others here said.

I'm not sure about that particular drum/finish, but I just received a new 18" tom for my Performer B/B SIB kit. I ordered through Forks Drum Closet. Yogi, is the guy I contacted there, and he is active on the Tama Forums.
Here's a link to the thread.
It was a 5 month wait (well worth it), and the match was exact, the drum was perfect, and the sound exceeded my expectations!

The folks at Forks are quite reliable and will get the add-on drum for you no problem. It may take a couple of months, though, like others here said.

I can vouch for Yogi/Fork's as he has been able to quickly get me accurate info on Made in Japan Starclassic options about which i was previously unaware. I pm'ed him on the Tama forum - very helpful.

Thanks everyone,

I contacted a few different guys to get a quote, and so far it looks like Forks is the cheapest, so when I can get around to ordering it, that's probably what I'll do.

I just got the rack toms in yesterday (apparently they shipped them separately) and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the way these drums sound. It took me maybe 10 minutes to get them tuned where I wanted them, and only really had to use my Tune-Bot for some slight tweaks to the lugs. And clear G2's aren't even my head of choice. They pack a punch, and they're full of this amazing tone. I'm so much happier than I was with the DW.

I may be late...but I was able to get add-ons for my Starclassic Performers from Dales Drum Shop. Not special order, but they had a lot of "orphans" and I waited until they had what I needed.

Dale's is one of Tama's biggest dealers. If that drum is in the States, they'll get one for you. If it's necessary to special order from the factory, they'll work with Tama to make that happen. Ask for Reji.

Congratulations on the kit. That finish paired with the new hardware color is breathtaking. I own three Tama bubinga kits so I'm familiar with those drums. You made a wise choice.

Back