Direct drive pedal for 26" kick

yabasta!

I have a 26" kick that gives me a bit of problem with my DW 5000 pedal I gots.

It kinda chokes on a kick this big.

I am looking for a direct drive for this beast.

I am assuming my choices are Ludwig, Trick, Yamaha, or Axis. I don't really know what else is out there. I know about the Pearl, not into it.

I am a hard hitter, not very fast. Play Hard rock.

Also, i have gotten a bunch of different responses to this question but here it goes.

Longboard vs Shortboard whats it do? I don't wanna buy something sight unseen, but no one stocks these pedals.

Thanks in advance.

One other choice for direct-drive pedals is the Gibraltar Intruder.

They are priced lower than most other brands of pedals too.

I bought a DW 5000 and a Yamaha FDDD, did a month long shoot-out, and the Yamaha direct drive won out, so I bought a second one of those and sold the 5000. But that was a simple I liked the Yamaha pedal better. The DW was a fine pedal, and I had 20x14, 22x14, 26x14, and 28x14 kicks all at my studio, at this time. First thing I always change on DW pedals, is the beater. I hate the factory plastic/felt number. Did the same thing when I had an older DW5000 double-pedal. So you might wanna just try switching out beaters, before you opt for a new pedal. I usually have a half dozen or more, just to mix it up.

I agree.

Changed out my stock Pearl beaters to Iron Cobras. Since I already had an IC single, I purchased 1 beater for a matched pair. They are a little lighter and faster. So far, so good.

Maybe before you get a new pedal, try a new, heavier beater? If you want direct drive, i'd go with the tusty Ludwig Speed King. If you've got deep pockets, go with the Trick Pro 1v detonator.

Longboards were invented specifically for guys with big feet, like Shaq, who wears like a size 23eee.

But i hear some guys actually use it for something called heel-toe, where they first stomp on the footboard with their heel, generating an initial bass drum hit and then they roll down and push down with the ball of their foot, generating a second hit thus creating a natural double stroke with a single motion.

All joking aside, you can generate tremendous speed with heel-toe method but most guys with bigger than size 11 feet neet a longboard/bigfoot board to execute the slight sliding motion.

here's a cool Drummerworld dude, derrick pope explaining heel-toe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKS9a9NuPc

Back