My Premier Genista

irish_steve

I got these secondhand recently for £350 and I love them!!!

They are 12x10, 14x12, 16x16, 22x16. I have just fitted Premier suspension mounts to them. They came with the pinstripes, I'm hoping to put emperors and ambassador resos on the toms soon.

Also in the pics, my Roland TD-12 and Ahead 14x6 brass snare with Trick throwoff.

I am going to use the 14x12 as a floor tom though, not a rack tom. I'll havg it from my ride stand. it'll be like a mini-bonham kit!!

Attachments

• P1010065.jpg
    P1010065.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 18,499
  • P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 18,725
  • P1010088.jpg
    P1010088.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 18,221
  • P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 21,745
nice...i also have premier genistas too in marine pearl white, with 12" 14" 20",
do you also find them hard to tune...i find it nearly impossible :(

Very nice kit! I saw a set of them in a store around town and was thinking of buying them just fer the hell of it. What kind of wood is it made of if ye know?

Premier Genistas are AMAZING Kits! You just can't beat the punchy birch sound! I've played a Genista Birch on a few occasions and it's always fun.

Very nice kit! I saw a set of them in a store around town and was thinking of buying them just fer the hell of it. What kind of wood is it made of if ye know?

They're made with a high quality Finnish Birch, 7 ply, no reinforcing rings. Toms are 5.5mm thick, bass drum is 7mm thick, so I guess the bass drum uses thicker plies.

They were Premiers joint top of the line kit in the mid 90's I think. or maybe they were a tiny bit below the Signia range, not too sure.

I used to have Silver Sparkle Genista's, which were really nice.

Signia's were significantly more expensive than the Genista's, mainly due to wood type, but the fittings were different too.

Just for U to know that your set is one of the best sets out there !!!!
Premier's Genista series are an amazing drums , i would'nt choose the sizes of your drums but ... that's only me .
take care and i'm sure you'll enjoy them !!

Cheers for the replies everyone.

My cymbals are rubbish Sabian B8 which I have had lying around for 10 years, i got rid of my good ones a while back when I was on a 4 year break from drumming, and am saving for a decent set now.

I am aiming to get Paiste 2002 13 sound edges, 17 and 18 or 19 Medium crashes and a 20 heavy ride. The more I can get secondhand the better. Before that, I need to wipe my credit card clean :)

premier2af2.jpg
Wow look like twins, I sold this kit a few years ago, great kit.

I think my kit is Jean-Marc's kits little brother! It's rare that I see someone with a Genista kit in this finish. What are the sizes on yours man?

DSC_0005.jpg

I think you guys need to get together a "show off your PREMIERS" thread. Those babies look great. I wish I would see more of them over the pond here in the US.

Not sure what a fair price for a five piece genista with rack mount system should be. Any input?

Its a nice wood finish in Emerald Green. I have hardware and cymbals to along with it too but I want to know what the shells alone would go for with a vintage kit like this.

Back