Bryan Blades

BoomSnapClap

A beast of a drummer, my favorite jazz drummer alive... plays with John McLaughlin, Chick Corea... hes where its at right now for jazz drumming.

I'm playing with a guitarist ( Timothy Hill ) who has recorded with Brian Blade.. how bout that for 6 degrees of separation?

Btw did you know that BB is a folkie at heart and is currently working on a folk album on which he sings?!

Pretty impressive, and a few degrees closer that six. Keep us informed on how that goes, Abe.

Pretty impressive, and a few degrees closer that six. Keep us informed on how that goes, Abe.

Hey Derek! Nice to see you around again...

Tim's an incredible singer/guitar player who has studied with Keith Jarrett, and with the throat singers from Central Russian Republic ( Tuva ).

He is an eclectic mix of folk/jazz/world...very Joni Mitchell-meets John Scofield.. He and Brian are huge Joni fans too.

Also, that's funny that he is a folk drummer, because hes such a great jazz player i could not even Imagine investing time in something else (like folk).

He does look like a folk player though.

I just saw Brian with The Five Peace Band and he was great. Sitting with those players: McLaughlin, Chick, Christian Mc Bride and Kenny Garrett he really shined.

Back