Neil Peart

They likely slept through all their history classes in high school.

I can't stomach too many of the "I'm so hip" music magazines that try to clone the early Rolling Stone. They are of a generation raised on alternative in the 90's and IMO, lack an understanding of greatness past.

Rolling Stone for a long time was welded into the 67-75 timeframe and seemed too stodgy for prog and things like that.

I like classic rock, metal edge, kerrang and others of the ilk that showcase someone OTHER than just Springsteen, Dylan and U2.

I can't stomach too many of the "I'm so hip" music magazines that try to clone the early Rolling Stone. They are of a generation raised on alternative in the 90's and IMO, lack an understanding of greatness past.

Rolling Stone for a long time was welded into the 67-75 timeframe and seemed too stodgy for prog and things like that.

I like classic rock, metal edge, kerrang and others of the ilk that showcase someone OTHER than just Springsteen, Dylan and U2.

Wait...does that mean you agree with me?

I was knocking blastphemer...perhaps I should have used some comprehension.

Trust me...I was completely outraged at the incredible bad taste blender showed. The moment I read that unbelievable nonsense, I thought of 3 dozen examples of bands/lyricists that are overpraised and much less talented than Neil Peart.

Most of those idiots did just a few years/albums before imploding. And yet Rush remains after 30 years.

The rock and roll hall of fame also seems to have an anal-cranial inversion problem for not inducting Rush.

Trust me...I was completely outraged at the incredible bad taste blender showed. The moment I read that unbelievable nonsense, I thought of 3 dozen examples of bands/lyricists that are overpraised and much less talented than Neil Peart.

Most of those idiots did just a few years/albums before imploding. And yet Rush remains after 30 years.

The rock and roll hall of fame also seems to have an anal-cranial inversion problem for not inducting Rush.

YEAH, I enjoy my Smells like Teen Spirit, but it souldn't be used in the same sentence as. Masterpiece, lyricly or otherwise.

YEAH, I enjoy my Smells like Teen Spirit, but it souldn't be used in the same sentence as. Masterpiece, lyricly or otherwise.

If I were to pick the single most outrageously overhyped and overpraised band/person it would be Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

Nevermind was decent, but it doesn't overshadow much at all.

"With the lights out its less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido"

Not deep, or prophetic.
Not exactly as brilliant as about, oh 18 Rush albums I can think of. David Grohl is about as much a drum God to me as Kevin Federline is.

If I were to pick the single most outrageously overhyped and overpraised band/person it would be Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.

Nevermind was decent, but it doesn't overshadow much at all.

"With the lights out its less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido"

Not deep, or prophetic.
Not exactly as brilliant as about, oh 18 Rush albums I can think of. David Grohl is about as much a drum God to me as Kevin Federline is.

That does it. I'm listening to all of Cygnus right NOW!

Though his mind is not for rent,
Dont put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the days events.
The river

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

I'm sorry, what? :p

Blunder, err blender voted Neil Peart "The all time worst lyracist in rock."

Not sure what drugs they are taking.

Here is a verse from a highly acclaimed band:
"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah,
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah."

That masterpiece is U2/vertigo.

Zactly my point, trkdrmr! ;-)

Blunder wouldn't know good lyrics if they fell in their lap from a thousand feet.

Period.

Though his mind is not for rent,
Dont put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the days events.
The river

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

I'm sorry, what? :p

Aww...

Come on, Guz! Don't knock what you can't understand, man.

Just cause NPs' lyrics seem to be "over the head" of some, like those idiots at Blunder", doesn't mean that they're bad lyrics.

I mean come on! :-| You have "The Trees", Closer to the Heart", "Xanadu", "Something for Nothing", "Cinderella Man", "Red Barchetta", "A Farewell to Kings", "Vital Signs", "Subdivisions", etc...

I could go on and on listing songs writin' by NP that have meaning, understanding, and terrific content.

Aww...

Come on, Guz! Don't knock what you can't understand, man.

Just cause NPs' lyrics seem to be "over the head" of some, like those idiots at Blunder", doesn't mean that they're bad lyrics.

I mean come on! :-| You have "The Trees", Closer to the Heart", "Xanadu", "Something for Nothing", "Cinderella Man", "Red Barchetta", "A Farewell to Kings", "Vital Signs", "Subdivisions", etc...

I could go on and on listing songs writin' by NP that have meaning, understanding, and terrific content.

The keys to death and hell
The ailing kingdom doomed to fail
The bonds of sin and heart will break
The pilgrims course will take

Quelling the devils might
And ready for eternal fight
Aching limbs and fainting soul
Holy battles take their toll

Liberty and hope divine
Changing the water into wine
So to you we bid farewell
Kingdom of heaven to hell

Spirit holy life eternal
Raise me up take me home
Pilgrim sunrise pagan sunset
Onward journey begun

To courage find and gracious will
Deliver good from ill
Clean the water clean our guilt
With us do what you will

Then will my judge appear
Bear no false angel that I hear
For only then I will confess
To my eternal hell

The keys to death and hell
The ailing kingdom doomed to fail
The bonds of sin and heart will break
The pilgrims course will take

Quelling the devils might
And ready for eternal fight
Aching limbs and fainting soul
Holy battles take their toll

Liberty and hope divine
Changing the water into wine
So to you we bid farewell
Kingdom of heaven to hell

Spirit holy life eternal
Raise me up take me home
Pilgrim sunrise pagan sunset
Onward journey begun

To courage find and gracious will
Deliver good from ill
Clean the water clean our guilt
With us do what you will

Then will my judge appear
Bear no false angel that I hear
For only then I will confess
To my eternal hell

Well...

Guz...How do you REALLY feel? :-|

Wow! This certainly explains where YOUR mind is!

Anything positive to add? :-|

Or anything related to the thread? :-|

'Cuz this does have SOME meaning and understanding. But NO terrific content or relation to NP.

Though, you have successfully scared the daylights outta me! Gulp! :-(

sorry guys. I've had a bit of a crap day. :( I considered deleting that post but decided not to...Please don't hate me :p

And just to clarify I like NP

sorry guys. I've had a bit of a crap day. :( I considered deleting that post but decided not to...Please don't hate me :p

And just to clarify I like NP

No one should ever knock Maiden lyrics either. What other band could make epic music with "The rhyme of the ancient mariner" and high concepts like that.

Oops!

I honestly didn't realize they were Maiden lyrics. Doh! :-|

Didn't mean to come down on ya, if you felt that I did, Guz.

It's all good! ;-)

Back