RE: tractor seat or round

Re: tractor seat or round

61bqyLuIzuL._SL1500_.jpg

Well, this is what I ended up with and it will arrive today so I'm looking forward to using it and I will mention my thoughts on it here.

Pockets...I have thought that if I could find a way to harness my energy source (rear fired methane) store it and sell it I would be rich. My current throne that I'm replacing is a soft cover and it has been impregnated with years of my scented offerings...but it has not seemed to retain any residual odor.

I have not got up close and personal to see what is happening in the immediate sphere of seat operations, but at least in the drum area there is nothing offensive happening :)

Question: Do the drum/throne developers test for scent retention? Is that design parameter? I wonder :)

I prefer round...they always sit the same. Don't like scrambling the eggs...lol

Bonzolead

Re: Tractor Seat or Round Style

... I ended up going with a Ford Smart Ass tractor throne.......

I think this is a good moment to take 2 minutes and raise the glass to the American trademark inventors. Smart Ass! Oh man, I can't tell you how much the French envy you for those brilliant trade names. Once you heard it you never forget. We just don't have the guts to come up with that. Merde... :)

Sorry for the rant :)

Re: Tractor Seat or Round Style

I think this is a good moment to take 2 minutes and raise the glass to the American trademark inventors. Smart Ass! Oh man, I can't tell you how much the French envy you for those brilliant trade names. Once you heard it you never forget. We just don't have the guts to come up with that. Merde... :)

Are you trying to be funny? Haha :)

5rgx.jpg

This one's mine. I couldn't get it high enough, so I tweaked the legs inward a bit to get a few more inches. Comfy, but I wouldn't mind changing to something with springs. Why? I have no idea, I like the idea of better upholstery for my derriere.

Here's a few shots of my Ford Smart Ass throne. It has an optional back rest, which I rarely use for playing drums, but I do use often when recording on location. It's mounted on a Gibraltar short throne base. I could have easily gone for a round throne, but was ready to try something different.

Attachments

• FordSmartAssSide.jpg
    FordSmartAssSide.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,545
  • FordSmartAssTop.jpg
    FordSmartAssTop.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,467
  • FordSmartAssBack.jpg
    FordSmartAssBack.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,665

I had a shitty round Mapex throne that actually snapped in half (I'm not a big guy at all either) and recently went through the round vs. tractor decision process. I should have taken pictures of it but didn't think to. Was kind of hilarious as it happened while I was practicing and I fell off, very nearly having my anus impaled by the metal rod that had snapped.

Anyway, I'm average height and pretty light weight and found that the tractor style definitely suited me more. Round felt constrictive and didn't contour to me the way the tractor style did. I sat on a fancy looking round Pork Pie at Guitar Center but it was extremely uncomfortable and I felt like I was off balance the entire time sitting on it. Could have been defective though. To be fair, the entire selection there was pretty poor though.

Felt good about the Tama Ergo Rider but went to West to check out the Roc N Soc that gets so much praise. Was stiff and uncomfortable and the hydraulics didn't do anything for me either so it was a pretty easy call.

Advice: DON'T just buy one online. Get your ass in a store and sit on them. I was ready to buy a Roc N Soc after seeing all the positive reviews but if I had, I surely would have returned it because it wasn't a great seat for me. YMMV.

Tama Ergo Rider. Sort of a cross. Not a true tractor style but definitely not round. Works for me.

Most bicycle/tractor thrones can be used both ways.

Attachments

• Picture 10 +.jpg
    Picture 10 +.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,562

Most bicycle/tractor thrones can be used both ways.[/QUOTE

not roc n soc moto/bicycle as it has a weird lip thing in the back.
For the smelly seat have you tried spraying fabreeze on the seats? the commercials claim that stuff will remove the smells out of the nastiest things.

Back