Ludwig Blue Marble kit

I picked up this beautiful Ludwig Blue Marble kit recently. It is from 1994. It still had the original heads on it.

These were hand painted kits and only made for a couple of years due to the time and labor involved to make the kits. It really is a work of art.

I have only seen pictures of 2 other kits like this one. They made them in just a few colors. The Blue Marble like mine was featured on the 1994 Ludwig catalog.

Sizes:
12, 13, 16, 22; 6.5 x 14 Supraphonic

It came with the Zildjian splash and arm, as well as a Ludwig Speed King Pedal.

This is an absolutely gorgeous finish in person.

Attachments

• IMG_2122 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2122 (Medium).JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,618
  • IMG_2123 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2123 (Medium).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,516
  • IMG_2124 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2124 (Medium).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,419
The finish is not for me, sorry...but I won't wag my finger at a nice set of Ludwigs. Looks like they're in pretty good condition too. Those toms must be thunderous in those sizes. Any pics of them fully set up?

The finish is not for me, sorry...but I won't wag my finger at a nice set of Ludwigs. Looks like they're in pretty good condition too. Those toms must be thunderous in those sizes. Any pics of them fully set up?

I don't have any set up pictures yet. Hopefully, soon though.

I took this at the Chicago Show this year
DSC00798.jpg

I had this kit also, same finish. The finish is hand painted and is beautiful. Ultimately I sold it to a guy in australia

IMG_3094.jpg

Great pics RedneckAbbot and NYDrumma.

I had been keeping an eye out for a 10" tom, but I have been thinking of possibly selling the kit. I am sitting on way too many kits and need to free up some space in order to finish another room in my basement. I'll probably regret it if I do sell them since they are so unique.

Back