Bernhard is violating my YouTube subscriptions page :-)

Naigewron

Platinum Member
So I guess Bernhard is moving all the Drummerworld videos to YouTube, I assume to save bandwidth or to have them work on all platforms. As a result, my subscription inbox is being violated with awesomeness every day.

I'm a hopeless YouTube addict with well over 400 subscriptions; I generally see 20-50 new videos on an average day. How does Bernhard expect me to get any work done when he's posting all this awesome drumming straight to my YouTube frontpage?

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to endure ;-)

There's also that side effect to it that people can comment - although we know the quality of average YouTube comments.

Somehow I liked the videos to be hosted on DW - or maybe I'm just used to it having been handled that way.

400 subscriptions?? You're crazy ;-)

400 subscriptions?? You're crazy ;-)

Yeah, I'm definitely an addict.

When I first signed up to YouTube, they used to keep track of the number of videos watched for each account. For the first two years (up until they removed the tracking system), it registered that I watched over 19,000 videos, and my addiction to online videos has gotten a lot worse since then. I'm pretty certain that I've watched 60-100,000 videos on YouTube over that past five years.

I remember my video account registering that I had viewed 13,000 videos. Goodness knows what it is now but it's not as high as your count!

I hate it though, when you watch one or two videos in a series of videos and suddenly that is all that's appearing in your 'recommended' list. Drives me around the bend. Sometimes I just watch a couple to groan at how terrible they are; I don't want to watch them all!

Dammit! I've subscribed too. That's it, normal existence impossible. Thank you for screwing up my life Bernhard ;)

Hey guys, at least we get to defend our home ground against flamers & trolls without the mods having to jump in.

Attachments

• pop.jpeg
    pop.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 695
I just subscribed..this could be dangerous

Yeah, I'm definitely an addict.

When I first signed up to YouTube, they used to keep track of the number of videos watched for each account. For the first two years (up until they removed the tracking system), it registered that I watched over 19,000 videos, and my addiction to online videos has gotten a lot worse since then. I'm pretty certain that I've watched 60-100,000 videos on YouTube over that past five years.

As a music source, I love, love, love, love, youtube. I spend so much time hopping from song to song, live vid to live vid... The way you can so easily discover new similar music and watch live music being played is too much of a draw for me.

So I can relate. At the same time though, I've always got music going, so this is just a more active form of my usual.

Another YT addict and just subscribed to DW.

I especially love the recommended videos or links from DWers - it's introduced me to tons of fantastic or interesting new music.

I have to go downtown, I need to find me a hotspot that will hook me up with a DRUMMERWORLD/YouTube quick fix.
I am having withdrawals from a drumming addiction! :)

A month later and the videos are still coming. Definitely makes me realise just how much video material has been hosted on this site. The bandwidth and storage charges must have been fairly steep

Last edited:
It's the reason I've come back to the forum after a loooooong break :)

I've just subscribed to DW on YT too, I have officially no life other than Drummerworld now... Thank you Bernhard :)

Everyone seems excited but I'm confused...

Are the DW videos being taken down from this site and only available onYoutube or what?

The workflow is:
1. Go back to the original source (DVD, send from artist or my own shots)
2. New encoding in final cut pro - no black borders, better HD quality for some
3. put them up on Youtube
4. then embed the youtube video back in the original DW side..

so they are on youtube AND on the original Drummerworld page, were they always were.

This process goes with 5000 videos - step by step 10 a day - 500 done....

The reasons were: reducing traffic and visibility on all devices like ipad - which doesn't support flash.....

Enjoy...and yes, all comments, bugs or alerts or experiences very welcome and helpful....

Bernhard

Everyone seems excited but I'm confused...

Are the DW videos being taken down from this site and only available onYoutube or what?

The workflow is:
1. Go back to the original source (DVD, send from artist or my own shots)
2. New encoding in final cut pro - no black borders, better HD quality for some
3. put them up on Youtube
4. then embed the youtube video back in the original DW side..

so they are on youtube AND on the original Drummerworld page, were they always were.

This process goes with 5000 videos - step by step 10 a day - 500 done....

The reasons were: reducing traffic and visibility on all devices like ipad - which doesn't support flash.....

Enjoy...and yes, all comments, bugs or alerts or experiences very welcome and helpful....

Bernhard
Huge workload Bernhard. The upload alone is painful :( Thank you!

Back