Looking for a drum pedal part...

secretcharly

Happy New Year to everybody.

As the title says, I´m looking for a part of my drum pedal. It´s an old version of the mapex P750A. The part that is on the photos is kinda damaged cause the screw can´t make enough pressure. By now I´m going to use it with a cross screw but I would like to replace it soon.

Does anyone know where can I get that piece?

If it were me I would go to Mapex.com and find the part number and have a local dealer order it for me. Or see if you can order it from the site. You may also want to try Musiciansfriend.com for its parts list. Let me see if I can help.

No luck to this point but try here. Email

[email protected]

So is the screw striped out? as mentioned your Mapex dealer will be your best bet, maybe if you have a local drum shop like mine they have a bunch of salvaged parts for pedals and drum stuff. It might be universal as long as you have the same shaft size.
Have you considered upgrading?

The part that isn´t working is the bearing I think. Does anyone know if I can buy the P950A stabilizer bearing and use it with my pedal?

The screw is right, is the hole where it goes what is damaged. The screw can´t hold well so I put a little bigger one.
By now I don´t want to upgrade my pedal for a new one cause I want to buy some cymbals.
I´d prefer to order the part online cause I don´t have any mapez dealer naer, I live in Mexico.
Thanks for the replies :)

Last edited:
Steel usually wins out over pot metal. So the screws threads destroy the pot metals female threads.

I'll bet stock is 6 mm and you now have a 1/4" screw in there.

There may be room to HELICOIL it to 8 mm, a machine shop could do it cheap.

Also you'd be surprised how universal that drive shaft is, a lot of rocker pieces would probably fit that shaft. You could upgrade so to speak rather cheaply.

Im not saying this will fit for sure, but as an example. A lot of these pieces will cross fit different brands due to the shaft(s) being mostly universal.

If it were mine I would drill out the hole and re-tap to the next bigger size. Not a big fan of helicoils.

If it were mine I would drill out the hole and re-tap to the next bigger size. Not a big fan of helicoils.

The advantage w/HELICOIL is you then have a steel thread insert, so steel against steel, as opposed to square one again- steel vs pot metal.

All quality drum hardware uses steel thread inserts.

I didn't know that helicoil thing but it sounds good. Steel with steel to have more resistance, but I'd prefer to replace that piece if its possible for a better one, to have security on future gigs. Maybe another's pedal bearing (or anything resistent) that fits in my pedal and I can order online.
Sorry if I ask too much :p and thanks for all the replies, they're really appreciated.

I know you said you're saving for cymbals, but what you have is a pretty stock pedal. You could replace it with say, a Tama Iron Cobra Jr., and I've seen good used ones on eBay for $50-60 bucks. If you could afford it, I'd get another pedal, and get your Mapex fixed because you will always need another pedal if you're gigging on a constant basis, or at least planning to.

I know you said you're saving for cymbals, but what you have is a pretty stock pedal. You could replace it with say, a Tama Iron Cobra Jr., and I've seen good used ones on eBay for $50-60 bucks. If you could afford it, I'd get another pedal, and get your Mapex fixed because you will always need another pedal if you're gigging on a constant basis, or at least planning to.

Thats my goal after purchasing some cymbals :p get a better pedal. When you say "If you could afford it, I'd get another pedal, and get your Mapex fixed ..." what do you mean? That in my place thats what you would do or that you are going to get another pedal :p ? sorry but my English isn´t too good.

Thats my goal after purchasing some cymbals :p get a better pedal. When you say "If you could afford it, I'd get another pedal, and get your Mapex fixed ..." what do you mean? That in my place thats what you would do or that you are going to get another pedal :p ? sorry but my English isn´t too good.

I meant, considering that good solid used pedals can be had for less than $60, I would just get another one in addition to saving up for better cymbals. You play drums, drums are a constant expense, it's ok.

Back