Did you know The Spaniard?

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Today is one of the worst days of my life. I took our best friend to the vet this morning for tests and we decided to say goodby to Maximus Decimus Maridius, The Spaniard. All 5 of us put names in a hat to pick his name, the girls were bummed cause his name was not Snickers. haha. He never knew he was a dog. He only barked at car doors and strange noises at night. He would snuggle with any of us that were feeling ill. His love for us was truly unconditional and his personality and disposition was like no other. He loved to sing along and howl when I brought a new cymbal home and tap on it. Every Thanksgiving we would all go to a movie together as a family. One of the best traditions was for each of us to write down on a post-it the movie we wanted to see. We would then fold each post-it the same way and put a Scooby snack on each of them. Spaniard would decide which movie we saw each year. This pic is from work which he spent the day with me because the house was being sprayed for insects. It was so cold that he kept bugging me unitil I put him up on the counter next to me wrapped in a warm jean shirt. Today I have a Gig in L.A. and leave in about 45 minutes but I don't feel like playing drums. My heart is truly broken right now.

R.I.P. Spaniard

Attachments

• span.jpg
    span.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 117
Lived this feeling a couple of times, Nodiggi. No fun. Hugs from Leo & me. The spirit of the Spaniard shall live on.

Thanks brothers....yes, good thoughts and good spirits...and very funny ones too. Appreciate your words today.....

Blessings,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

He's a cute little dude. I wish I did know the Spaniard...

We have a dog and two cats ourselves, and I don't have to tell you how they truly are family members. Just remember the good times with him.

I'll be thinking of you, brother.

p.s.
Tell your family about this site.
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/

I've been through this with two pets and two parents, and my heart goes out to you. We just had another cat diagnosed with kidney disease, and so looks like it'll be happening again sometime soon.

Nothing to be done but just live through the experience. It's part of life. I wish you the best.

I am sorry, brother. I know the feeling, I had been in your shoes before...long live The Spaniard / El Español.

P.S: Once, I had - Spike - it was a German shepherd dog, my great guardian friend.

Commiserations, Nodiggie. I'm getting teary just reading it :( Lost plenty of pets too; it never gets easier.

The Spaniard was loved and he lead a happy life, which is as good as it gets.

A big e-hug from Oz

I feel for you dude, felt the same when my rabbits bit the dust, just remember all the good times with The Spaniard and all will fall into place.

And by the way The Spaniard is such a cool name, if I get another pet I'll name his The Spaniard.

Back