NEED HELP fitting left foot cowbell next to hi hat

Noc Brasty

I just bought an LP Gajate Bracket to hold a small LP black beauty cowbell, and set it up to the left of my hi hat. I really want to be able to have these two pedals right next to each other, but as you can see in the pictures, the hi hat leg won't allow this. I really don't have the cash to go ahead and buy some expensive new hi hat stand with a built in pedal, I just need to know if anyone has any ideas on how to make this work.

Attachments

• XTCuprQ.jpg
    XTCuprQ.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Can the hihat legs be moved/rotated? If so, this might be the solution already.

If they don't rotate, and the legs are not permanently attached to the base, here is what you can do. There will more than likely be a screw or pin at the bottom of the tripod keeping it in place. Remove this screw or pin. Now you should be able rotate the legs to where you need them. You can reinstall the screw and it will provide enough pressure to keep the base of the tripod in place, or tap a new hole in the tube to permanently reattach it. You will have to tap the tube to reinstall the pin if that is what it has got. Even if you don't reinstall the screw or pin, the stand will still be stable. it will just want to spin each time you break it down.

I have the same stand and it can be modified to let the legs rotate which I did. There is an allen screw at the base of the legs. Remove this and replace it with a 6 mm wing or square head screw. Now the legs will rotate freely but will also move up and down. To prevent this you can put a pipe clamp or memory lock although this isn't absolutely necessary as it won't budge when tightened. I posted this in the gear modification thread in the other gear forum if you want to check out a picture of the mod. I'll try to get a link up.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=892178&postcount=192

Last edited:
I hVe a cheap pedal (the ones with the two rods that disengage from the base, just like on your hihat pedal) and it fits just fine in between the hihat pedal and leg. No dance pedal is needed there as there is no "speed cowbell or speed double cowbell "...... Yet

Back