Scandinavian Metal Bands

It depends on what you mean by "good" I suppose.

I'm so NOT into the whole death and black metal scene that comes out of Scandiavia.

But I do love Before the Dawn from Finland, Katatonia from Sweeden.
I also recently got the new album by Ghost Brigade from Finland. And I like Leave's Eye, who are a German based band with members from Norway.

Norway seems to have a pretty good metal scene, too.
But, I myself am part of the New Wave of American Thrash Metal, awh hell yeah.

If I had to put up with Scandinavian weather I'd play metal too. It's probably the only way you can get warm :)

That could be taken differently but maybe it's weather that makes them so angry (I love Meshuggah, don't get me wrong)...

...and yes sitting on a guitar amp is very comfortable...or standing in a mosh pit...hehe...

Hells yes! If it weren't for Norway then Black metal as we know it might not exist! And without Sweden, death metal, in particular melodic death metal, wouldn't be the same. Scandinavian metal for the win!

Ye, alot of metal bands especially, black and melodic metal are from Scandinavian, a few examples i like: Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Soilwork, In Flames and Amon Amarth.

Yep, scandinavia does seem to be the place to be for metalbands. I've heard that above the arctic circle, where the sun does not shine for 6 months every year, depression is one of the biggest issues. Why not channel that and make angry music they must have thought. It's not a big question where the dark-frosty-cold-angry lyrics come from anyways :p.

Back