Other than drums ....

AnOasis

Other than drums, what is your single most favorite instrument to hear? Such a tough question. After much debate, I have to say an alto sax ....

Bass :D and since its not enough characters to just put bass i think saxophone is my next fav.

For me, its a tie between cello and piano. Though unfortunately I think the beauty of the piano is much more abundant than that of the cello.

+1 for Cello. If I wasn't a drummer I'd be playing the Cello right now. I think it's appeal is much like the drums in that from one instrument, such a diverse array of sounds are possible. I also like it's soothing nature and is quite the break from the violent nature of drums. Bach Cello Suites by Pablo Casals is one of my top 5 "must have" Cd's, so beautiful.

I would go out tomorrow and buy one but I think if I did my drum progress would come to a halt and I don't want to spread myself thin.

all of them. and birds. and creaking doors. and the sound / rhythm of the machinery (furnace ?) below my old dorm room. and a clavinet.....mmmmyes....a clavinet....a real one....

what were we talking about ?

Back