Buying electronic drum Help

Tdubs

Hello all. I'm heading to college and looking for an electronic kit because my acoustic kit would be too loud. I have never owned an electronic kit but I've tried some of the rolands at my local guitar center and really like the mesh heads that they have. Unfortunately those kits aren't in my budget. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a similar style kit for a price of 600 or under. Thanks!

Have you played drums for a while or are you just starting out?

An electric kit will still be loud if you are upstairs.

If you have played I think any kit new under 600 is just going to frustrate you. I don't know yamahas product line well, but some really like them. For rolands, look for a td-4 used, craigslist is good. There are 3 TD-4s in your price range right now on guitar center used section. If you get one with the rubber pads you can always upgrade to mesh heads later.

DTXplorer by Yamaha in my opinion is the best budget electronic kit, but they're not mesh heads...
You'll really only get a snare mesh head with a budget kit and I would still stand by the yamaha kit until you can spend $3000 on an e-kit

Thanks! yes i have been playing for awhile now and went through a few acoustic kits. I havent needed an electric till now, so ill probably go with the used route. Thanks again.

If you want to look in that price range, then maybe the traps E500 would suit you. I've played a few locally and they seem pretty decent. The build quality is good. All metal hardware. Full size mesh heads all round that feel very good. The brain is pretty comprehensive and has MIDI built in.

I would recommend trying one out if you get a chance.

Back