My favorite sticks

I used to break my sticks in a week. With my favorite millenium II pro-mark's now it takes about a month to break em'.

MAX ZNAEVSKY said:
These are my favs: Pro-Mark Rock-Knocker (i use it almost 1,5 years)

0068wi.jpg

never seen those before

My new favourite sticks that ive come by are the Zildjian Trilok Gurtu signature sticks. I love the feel and espiacially the grip!!

Attachments

• sticks.jpg
    sticks.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 439
steve gadd sigs
sd4 combo - when i just wanna do something extra fast
vic firth american classic 5a are always stellar
some dave wheckl - forgot which one

I use Vic Firth X5A. My techer recommended them a while ago and I was (and still am) very happy with them. Nice size and weight, good length.
I have grip-tape (which is actually meant to be put around tennis rackets) aroud the back of one pair, which is pretty cool. It feels very solid somehow, and you never lose any sticks.

I've beat the unholy hell out of my drumsticks over the years until I saw an Ahead ad in Modern Drummer featuring Lars Ulrich of Metallica. I bought his signature Ahead sticks and I've never had to replace a single stick on account of hard playing. I don't even need gloves or tape with them, and my hands sweat profusely when playing hard for long periods of time. I'm very happy with 'em. Save the trees!!!

NightOwl76 said:
I've beat the unholy hell out of my drumsticks over the years until I saw an Ahead ad in Modern Drummer featuring Lars Ulrich of Metallica. I bought his signature Ahead sticks and I've never had to replace a single stick on account of hard playing. I don't even need gloves or tape with them, and my hands sweat profusely when playing hard for long periods of time. I'm very happy with 'em. Save the trees!!!

But just wait, soon you'll have to replace some cymbals ;)

Vic Firth 5B extreme.

Vic Firth 3A

Vic Firth Rock Rake

ive got vater los angeles 5A which are quite nice as they are a nice thickness

ive only ever played vater, vic firth and zildjian sticks, and ive found them all to have their flaws and their bonuses. my favourite vater sticks are chad smiths funk blasters, vic firth is steve gadd nylon signatures and zildjian is taylor hawkins new signature stick. all sticks have superb durability and fantastic feel imo.
:)

As much as I still really like the ahead 5A, after recent events I now have a new overall favourite stick...

VATER fusion nylon

The Steve Gadd signature sticks are my fav closely followed by pro-mark japanese oak jazz sticks (the Elvin Jones model, only in oak).

As far as Vic Firth goes, I'm done.

The grain of the stick is always curved and not flat along the entire stick, which gives you the clean cut chunk out of your stick. I'm not even considered a hard hitter, but I got Vic Firth rock sticks, did the roll and pitch check. Took em' home and they broke that day while playing some Tower of Power. Tower of Power broke ROCK sticks.

...so then I got sticks meant for Metal. 2 days later, a songo takes a hung out of one stick.

I went Silverfox for a while, and they last, but they tend to warp, which I didn't think was possible.

Now, I like where I am.

5B Pro Mark Japanese Oak, wood tip. They last, great evensound, and there's a picture of a sumo wrestler on the stick, which is a nice touch.

I'm digging the Pro-Mark 747B nylon tips. I've had them for about 6 months and the tips haven't chipped yet, not even to a minor degree! Before that I was using Vic Firth 2B nylon tips, and i detected a slight flaking of the tips after about 4 months.

Back