Its about that Time...

bradmapex

... for mee to finnaly post some pictures of my drums. They are MApex Saturns Limited Edition Birch/Walnut. I baught them Augest 15th 2008, and just got a new cell so i decided to take some pics. Here they are...

Mapex Saturn Limited Edition Birch Walnut w/ Black Hardware

Toms:
10x8 mounted
12x9 mounted
14x12 floor
16x14 floor

Bass Drum:
22x20 virgin

Snare Drums:
Pearl Chad Smith Sig., 14x5 Steel

Cymbals, All Sabian:

HiHats:
14" AAX-Celerators

Crash:
19" HHX-treme
16" AAX Studio

Ride:
20" HHX Stage

China:
16" AAX China

Stands/Throne:
Yamaha
Network Percussion
Pearl Roadster Throne

So thats my girl, and im proud to show her off haha, but i love nice attack, with a good punch to em, can tune them high and let them sing, or have them low and thunderous.
And last is a Few Autographed heads that I shadowboxed, 1st Kenny Aronoff and 2nd Dennis Chambers. Thanks for looking,
b r a d .

Attachments

• bradsdrums1.JPG
    bradsdrums1.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 828
  • bradsdrums2.JPG
    bradsdrums2.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 820
  • bradsdrums3.JPG
    bradsdrums3.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 815
  • bradsdrums4.JPG
    bradsdrums4.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 814
  • bradsdrums6.JPG
    bradsdrums6.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 808
  • bradsdrums5.JPG
    bradsdrums5.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 804
  • bradsdrums7.JPG
    bradsdrums7.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 805
Very nice. A good friend recently recorded an album with Mapex and loved them. "Best drums I ever played" is what he said. He's a great drummer and knows of what he speaks. :)

sweet looking kit i love the sparkle finish, you got some awsome cymbals to man, how do you feel about the chad smith snare, thanks for sharing.

How do you like the AAX-Celerator hats? I'm seriously considering getting a pair, but can't decide between the AAX and HHX versions.

Nice kit, the Tama sparkle finishes always look good.

sweet looking kit i love the sparkle finish, you got some awsome cymbals to man, how do you feel about the chad smith snare, thanks for sharing.
I like at alot, got it for a steal brand new, its little ringy for my taste at some points, but i am still experimenting with some heads to get the perfect sound, nice good crack thoght, n if you tune it down n muffle it, you can get a ick fat sound.

How do you like the AAX-Celerator hats? I'm seriously considering getting a pair, but can't decide between the AAX and HHX versions

I like the hats, but I didnt like the waved edge as much as i thought i would, its good for lots of genres like rick, and funk etc. But when ur trying to play something tight, its a little hard because they always have some what of a sizzle.

Nice kit!!
How do you like the HHX stage ride?
Bram
I love that ride, got it used of Craigslist for cheap from a drum major who needed to sell his old cymbals so he could get jazz ones. And when i got it there was already a Patina on it, and it just sounds sweet, a nice dark washy tone to it, but still has the definition u need.

great looking kit! the mapex's i have played, mostly in a gear/gig share scenario, have always impressed me. no fuss hardware and a great tone.

quick question though, i've always wondered on this ride set up having the boom stand inverted with the ride hanging as opposed to being supported from the underneath.. you see it from time to time and i've always wondered what difference it makes? it doesnt look like there would be a particular problem regarding positoning of the ride in your own set up and others i have seen. just curious, i like how it looks although i dont play with that set up.
Cheers,
Nick.

i'm curious about that hhxtreme crash. how is it? =x
The HHX-treme is amazing, mine is alot darker and trashier than other ones that i have played in stores. When you are up close you think its just really dark and i thought that too for a long time. Until my brothers friend was playing and i stepped away and you can honestly here some bright overtones coming through, and i just thinks it looks and sounds amazing.
great looking kit! the mapex's i have played, mostly in a gear/gig share scenario, have always impressed me. no fuss hardware and a great tone.

quick question though, i've always wondered on this ride set up having the boom stand inverted with the ride hanging as opposed to being supported from the underneath.. you see it from time to time and i've always wondered what difference it makes? it doesnt look like there would be a particular problem regarding positoning of the ride in your own set up and others i have seen. just curious, i like how it looks although i dont play with that set up.
Cheers,
Nick.

That was b/c i always change my set-up, honestly i have gone through 20+ different set-ups with thins kit b/c there are so many opptions, and the ride was like that b/c befor i took the pics, i had both toms over the bassdrum, and one of them was attached to the ride stand, and the only way i could get the ride low and to a conmfortable position was to set it up that way, and i just never got around to changing it back. I like it fine like that though, just makes it easier to get into a cumfy position somtimes.

nice Saturn's, awsome sparkle finish! like the pics of the autographed heads - where did you get to meet Chambers? i'm a big fan...

enjoy the beautiful kit man!

nice Saturn's, awsome sparkle finish! like the pics of the autographed heads - where did you get to meet Chambers? i'm a big fan...

enjoy the beautiful kit man!

He was playing at a local music store near my house, Cosmo Music, its out side of Toronto. He was actually a very down to earth and supprisingly very very friendly guy. My Neighbor had about a 15 min conversation with him after while he was giving us autographs. Not to mention he was an amazing drummer ahhaa, thanks for the compliments.

He was playing at a local music store near my house, Cosmo Music, its out side of Toronto. He was actually a very down to earth and supprisingly very very friendly guy. My Neighbor had about a 15 min conversation with him after while he was giving us autographs. Not to mention he was an amazing drummer

very cool......................................................

I just traded in the 16" AAX Studio crash, and got a new 18 Sabian Prototype, ill try n get some new pics up ASAP, thanks for all the comments!

b r a d .

Back