Concert Behavior

Agreed....I'd like to add....."Play Wipe out",and the jerk who stands on their seat,or the drunk girlfriend who is sitting on her equally drunk boyfriend shoulders,and screams all night......I mean just screams.

People like that should be covered in beef gravy and locked in a room with a pair of starving wolverines, that are high on angel dust.

Steve B

People like that should be covered in beef gravy and locked in a room with a pair of starving wolverines, that are high on angel dust.

Steve B

Cool. I never ever thought of that one.

I agree with all those points. They never used to allow recording devices in concerts. They should have kept that rule - no iphones. Problem is, some bands love the exposure now.

Who the hell needs to text or update facebook at a show? get the F&#k outta here!! Give your ticket to somebody who is into the music.

Our culture has become so "hey look at me, I was there" its ridiculous. These little toys are like a teat...for unattentive adults.

Rant over.

Wow. First top 10 list I've agreed with 100%

Going to the movies is ruined too.

Should also include people talking and getting in and out of their seats during the opening act. As if the opening act is an excuse to socialize until the main act appears.

"to the guy screaming for a super obscure B-side from 15 years ago? Nobody thinks you're cool"

I think they should print that on all concert tickets. A year or two ago Biffy Clyro released a live album/concert film package called Revolutions // Live at Wembley. I managed to get tickets to see a screening of the film in Leicester Square [London] which the band attended for a brief Q&A with the fans and they played a short stripped-down set (acoustic guitar, cajon etc). As it happens they did play a couple of B-sides from singles taken from their first album: songs which the Biffier-Than-Thou fans are always complaining they have forsaken in favour of their more recent post-Puzzle catalogue.

When I got home I went on to one of their fan pages to just post a message saying thanks and well played etc when I saw a comment from some nobber who was complaining that not enough people were singing along to the old B-sides.

Like it.

Although a couple of small amendments if I may.

1. Sitting at a rock concert is just not on......period. It's a rock show FFS!!. If you want to sit, try the opera......or at the very least, your nearest cabaret lounge.

2. Girls on boyfriends shoulders not always bad in every case. Usually, yes, I'll agree. But topless girls on boyfriends shoulder. Not only acceptable, but strongly encouraged.

Weird Al's audiences are well-behaved and attentive, within the context of the show. But iPhones abound, and we even had a song to that effect where everyone in the audience would hold up their phones. About 2 years ago, way in the back of the audience at a show in Sydney, I saw an iPad being held up!

The fact that shows were being recorded was initially a concern, but the quality and size renders such recordings useless in terms of commercial value, and poses little threat of lost revenue. If somebody genuinely prefers to watch distorted sounding shaky clips on YouTube, perhaps they're better off staying home anyway.

We never hear "Freebird", we're more likely to hear "Freberg!" :)

Bermuda

Good list, except for #10 which is the wrong way around. If I wanted to dance I'd go to a dancing place. It's a concert.

If I pay big bucks to see a concert I don't want to be forced to my feet because some hyperactive brain-dead bimbos and himbos want to jump around. I don't yell "sit down" but I'm rooting for anyone who does.

This is all the fault of facebook. That website will have a huge hand in the un-doing of human reign on this earth. We need to leave warnings, so that after we're gone, dolphinbook.com doesn't repeat the same cycle and lead to another apocalypse.

This list is exactly why I don't go to many concerts anymore and just watch bands locally. And say what you will about classical music, but you don't have most of these issues when you go see the philharmonic play.

One behavior that really irritates me is during kid's recitals, the parents watch until their kid performs, then they get up and leave right after they are finished. Usually this takes place right as my kid is doing their part on stage. These parents can't sit still until there is a break in action or until the end?

Between recitals and graduation ceremonies, parents can't seem to keep their mouths shut. I am so sick of parents shouting, hooting and hollering during these events. Okay, you are proud of your kid. Do we need 15 relatives shouting at the top of their lungs when theire kid performs or is announced? At my daughter's high school graduation last year, some idiot had an air horn that he kept blasting when any kid he knew was announced. I almost shoved that air horn where the sun don't shine!

This list is exactly why I don't go to many concerts anymore and just watch bands locally. And say what you will about classical music, but you don't have most of these issues when you go see the philharmonic play.

One behavior that really irritates me is during kid's recitals, the parents watch until their kid performs, then they get up and leave right after they are finished. Usually this takes place right as my kid is doing their part on stage. These parents can't sit still until there is a break in action or until the end?

Between recitals and graduation ceremonies, parents can't seem to keep their mouths shut. I am so sick of parents shouting, hooting and hollering during these events. Okay, you are proud of your kid. Do we need 15 relatives shouting at the top of their lungs when theire kid performs or is announced? At my daughter's high school graduation last year, some idiot had an air horn that he kept blasting when any kid he knew was announced. I almost shoved that air horn where the sun don't shine!

Agree totally. Parents just keep quiet. You can be proud of your child by just sitting there and keeping the nice thoughts to yourself. No need to make an ass of yourself and ruin everyone else's experience.

Freebird!!!!!!!!!! lol I hate that song because of that

I imagine this list was made by a shorter person because I rarely have problems seeing over people and Im only 6'. I mostly hate smartphones and after recording 1 band I realized I hadn't seen anything and stopped, but sometimes its nice to catch something that happened at the show when someone else recorded it for you and if everyone stopped it would be gone. Also the smartphone has become the new lighter though its nowhere near as cool when 10000 people hold up phones.

Also if someone is bothering you in general admission just move. As far as going to the front its more complicated, somewhere usually about 1/3 of the way through the crowd people start to defend their spots thats when you stop being a douche and chill but the people at the back don't care and got dragged there usually.

Its rock and roll if it were orderly and controlled it would just be pop.

90% of the hand-held filming of concerts on Youtube is total garbage. It's either blurry, unstable, dark, or the sound is terrible, Sometimes all of the above.

Pictures are also of poor quality, usually due to the low lighting and attempted zooming in to see the stage area from a distance.

I can't count the number of times people have posted FB pics from a concert they attended. They say it was Aerosmith, but it could have been Tony Orlando for all I could tell.

Back