What's your "day" job?

Re: Whats your Job?

Litigation paralegal in civil law office

I was a chef, a railway engineer, a gardener, a gardening team supervisor, a manager of sports ground keeping and and sports turf contracts, an operations manager in a refuse and recycling collection contract, a milkman, and currently a process engineer in a concrete and glu factory.

edid: I'll leave this to presently unemployed.

Last edited:
I don't wanna talk about it. Nothing to be proud of.

My field, Land Surveying, got hit the hardest by this recession, especially in California because not only did the new construction market dry up, so did the lending market. Most of the business owners I know are barely keeping their doors open. I just started two weeks ago (again) and already the boss tells me it's slowing down...again. I don't know how much more of this I can stand. Since I got laid off in January of 2008 from a long-term position, I've been hired and let go 6 times. I am now on my 7th job. Two of which are re-hires. The current one is a re-hire. Wish me luck....

I did work a year in Yosemite once as a houseperson. Now that was a cool place to work. It was 1995 and there was plenty of water in the rivers.

I can relate somewhat, Midnite. I was laid off 13 months ago from a long term position and in 7 years I could have retired with a full pension and insurance coverage for life.

Two months earlier I lost my brother to cancer. It was too much. I haven't even done a resume but will have to start looking soon.

They laid off 20% of our agency. It stings.

My field, Land Surveying, got hit the hardest by this recession, especially in California because not only did the new construction market dry up

My current working situation is closely related to new housing developement and construction, while I have not lost my job as a process engineer, we certainely noticed a massive reduction on the manufacturing of our products, I sympathize thouroughly with your current situation, hey! break a leg as the saying goes :)

I love my career, I'm a librarian at a public university. I do a lot of cataloging (primarily music books/scores/audio, special collections stuff and some periodicals), order music materials, help with research and reference questions, and do a little bit of library instruction.

Currently working 2nd shift as a quality auditor in a factory. Used to work here doing production for a few years, finally had enough of that... I actually like this job quite a bit. Not what I want to do the rest of my life, but it' much better than standing on a production line 8 hours a day.

I also go to school part time for engineering (only one class per semester, so I've got a long way to go).

I just moved to a new apartment in January, and cannot play my drums here. :( I found a place I can take them on weekends to jam for 2 hours, but it's pricey so I figure I'll only do it maybe once a month. Ah well, I'm still and always will be a drummer at heart. :)

Funeral Director and Embalmer... I also go to work when bad stuff happens.

Great screen name. It works, it really pops.

My day job is getting ready to change soon. In two months, I will retire after almost 29 years of military service, believe it or not, I will become a student. A music student and play the drums a lot. I need to pinch myself to remind me its real.

Service advisor at a Volvo dealer. Been doing it about 14 years. Sold cars for about 2 1/2 years (truly sucked), and was an interior communications electrician in the Navy from 1989-1995. I think after almost 20 years, I wish I could do that again and not have to deal with the public so much......

Production worker, I work in a factory that makes ceiling tiles.

Research Scientist, US Geological Survey. More specifically, a Stable Isotope Organic Geochemist. Yes, I am quite the nerd.

My full time job is running sound for the morning show at a local television station. Three to four days a week in the afternoons (and some weekends) I work part time at a music store.

I'm the Project Manager (and part-owner) of a swimming pool contractor. We build competition pools and large commercial aquatics facilities for city and school projects.

Back