Riffs That Make You Go "Oooh..."

Which part? The heavy part or the opener?

Heavy for sure. I really like how they kind of just give you a taste of that riff. It just makes me feel like it never gets old within the song.
I discovered the song in 2007 I think... I wanted to punch myself in the face when I found it was made 10 years earlier. Amazing how easy it is to miss some of the best stuff going on.

Muse forever. I'm with you on that one.

zzdrummer-
While I haven't heard much from Platypus, I myself am a Flobots fan. Saw them live. EPIC.

GD and iwilliams-
I'm glad you guys brought those older ones up, Motown and Classic Rock riffs don't get enough credit around here!

Well considering my age and the average of most here, I'm surprised most have even heard of Motown.

Heavy for sure. I really like how they kind of just give you a taste of that riff. It just makes me feel like it never gets old within the song.
I discovered the song in 2007 I think... I wanted to punch myself in the face when I found it was made 10 years earlier. Amazing how easy it is to miss some of the best stuff going on.

One of my favorite rock songs...and albums. I bought it the year it came out and didn't put it down for months. DEFINITELY a killer melody, all of them.

Hmm...

How 'bout "Red Barchetta"?

Yeah. That's the ticket!

Oooh...

;-)

"Roundabout"- Yes
"Don't fear the reaper"- Blue oyster cult
"Would" Alice in Chains
"Ain't talking 'bout Love" Van Halen
"Still of the Night" Whitesnake
"Quicksand Jesus" Skid Row
"Welcome to the Jungle" G'n'R

Well i know it's heavier than other things mentioned but if you like heavy, industrial metal then Body Hammer by Fear Factory in my eyes is the ultimate guitar riff. Especially when the drums come in its like having your eyes sucked out.

Well i know it's heavier than other things mentioned but if you like heavy, industrial metal then Body Hammer by Fear Factory in my eyes is the ultimate guitar riff. Especially when the drums come in its like having your eyes sucked out.

Oh dude, I know. I love Fear Factory. That song is awesome.
Ray Herrera is a great drummer.
And I loved Dino on guitar (don't know if he was for that song though).

Two Bullets And A Gun- Stevie Salas
Flash Rockin' Man- Accept (the middle part)
Tell Your Story Walkin'- Stevie Salas- part right after his lead
Run For Your Life- Loudness
Black Widow- Loudness
Dogman- King's X
Come On Over- Y&T
Judgement Day- Van Halen
Into The Void- Black Sabbath
Tomorrow's Dream- Black Sabbath
Rat Bat Blue- Deep Purple
Piece of My Soul- Eric Gales
Like A Negro- Mother's Finest
Bloodsucking Leeches- The Dregs
Blue Murder- Blue Murder
When I'm President- Extreme- the closing riff

guitar riffs that make me go ohh are riffs like are pretty much all thrashy sounding riffs and the one right know that is driving me crazy is beyond the dark sun by wintersun right in the begining

I like the rhythmic riff off "I am a pig" by Rob Halford
but the guitar riffs at the beginning of
The Hellion/Electric eye by Judas Priest are amongst my favourites.

Edit:- Actually I like anything by Judas Priest
Glenn Tipton and KK Downing are the riff masters!

Last edited:
Back