dw 6000 ?

DonVira

Hey, can anyone shed some light on the new dw 6000 hi hat and bass pedals? I have the two leg 9000 hi hat and the 9000 singe bass drum pedals. The 9000 hi hat seems to bounce a lot. Plus, I just want something lighter for playing live.

Can someone review the 6000 series for me?
Thanks big,
~Don

The 6000 pedal looks like the ORIGINAL 5000 pedal.
Good sturdy lightweight pedal. Delta hinge too.

I use the 6000 straight stands, and they're sturdy enough for playing hard rock.
I put 20 and 21" crashes and 24" rides on them with no problem.
I have no idea what the boom stands are like though.

The hardware case is MUCH lighter these days.

One cool thing (besides the usual DW hardware quality) for me with the DW FB stands is the memory locks at all height adjustments.
The tilter is the usual adjustable toothless tilter.

Gibraltars FB stands are really nice as well, great tilter too, but they don't have mem. locks.

The 6000 snare stand is sturdy, but it's not as adjustable in the basket if you want your snare "just perfect". If you can deal with almost tilted, almost flat, or where the teeth set it, it's fine.
The 7000 snare stand is not that much heavier and goes lower than the 6000.
Same basket situation.

I use a 6000 for the tom, and a 7000 for the snare (needed to go lower than the 6000 went)

The 6000 hat stand kind of sways. I didn't like it. Felt cheap.

The 7500 single brace hat stand is light weight, has a regular direct pull without the bounce, and a real nice feel (I think anyway).

If you need a 2 leg stand, the 3500T is a very nice hat stand. Throw a Delta hinge on it and you have a light version 5000 series 2 leg stand.

I've had 2 of these (one at home/gigging, and one on the rehearsal kit) stands for a couple years and they are really nice, and a lot lighter than the "big boy" versions.

I got mine when they were a 5500TL series stand. I put a Delta hinge on one of them and there is a little difference in the smoothness. Switching the hinge isn't necessary, but it's an option.

If you are unsure about the FB, but want to go lighter, the 7000 series stuff is a lot lighter than the 9000 series, but it's just as sturdy (I have both, and some of the lighter double braced stands).
Why ANYONE would need any of the 8000 mega stands is beyond me (JMO).
The 9000 hat stand is a BEAST too!
I can see it for the ultra smooth feel with the double chains, but they didn't HAVE to make the tubes so dang huge.

The lower version hat stands aren't as SUPER smooth as the heavier lines, but it's not a deal breaker to me (especially switching out to a D Hinge).

It was very easy to get used to the feel of the lighter hat stand, and FB cymbal stands---especially when I carried (with no trouble, myself) the hardware case up the walk out basement stairs and into my van!!

How the heal on that pedal, does anyone know?
Is it this stackable nonsense or is it slanted like the original Camco's?

Hey, can anyone shed some light on the new dw 6000 hi hat and bass pedals? I have the two leg 9000 hi hat and the 9000 singe bass drum pedals. The 9000 hi hat seems to bounce a lot. Plus, I just want something lighter for playing live.

Can someone review the 6000 series for me?
Thanks big,
~Don

If you think that the 9000 hi hat stand bounces, you probably won't care for the 6000 stand, even though it has three legs. I use a DW 5000 three legged stand that's very sturdy and stays put. I have no experience with the 6000 bass pedal. There are a lot of stable hi hat stands out there. Does it have to be DW?

Dennis

Back