Post your Gig Pics

At a Halloween show (our theme was Sly and the Family Stone)...
n71600729_30135843_3929.jpg

Opening for the Gin Blossoms...
n71600043_30072024_2682.jpg

Re: GIG PICS

Ok thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth.... first 2 were taken at the Sydney Opera House in December 2005.

3rd shot was taken at an outdoor street festival here in Sydney in December 2006... that day was windy, cold and my set was in between the rain.

Cheers,

Andy

dude you played in the sydney operah house? That's pretty immense!

No pics of me sadly. Sorry about that.

Re: GIG PICS

How Tall are you anyway? Looks like your the coach for an elementary school. lol

I am just a little under two metres - about 6 foot 6". I tower over most people, which is funny sometimes.

Here's a few of mine

Opening for the Cars

P1010098.jpg

Opening for Toto

playingonstage.jpg

housefrombalcony.jpg

My "dinky" kit next to Simon's monster DB

myskitside.jpg

The grainy look....

onstage.jpg

Me and Simon Phillips

meSimon1.jpg

Me as Bun E. Carlos at a Halloween CT tribute show.

BunEKrafton.jpg

.....a crazy backdrop...what was I thinking with that ride mount?...didn't last long that way

FullFrontalJendzaPalooza.jpg

In the studio with the 20x26, and a 24" ride with rivets to crash!
A very fun session I was called in for! :)

KitInStudio.jpg

A crappy cell phone pic and another outdoor shot from must a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 040508_22331.jpg
    040508_22331.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,564
  • The-Three-Amigos.jpg
    The-Three-Amigos.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 3,581
A crappy cell phone pic and another outdoor shot from must a couple months ago.

What sort of music do you all play? I would like to be in a small, quiet acoustic sort of band but a lot of music that would meet that criteria I don't think I would enjoy playing.

I only have a couple "good" pictures of me at gigs, and here they are:

n1398750903_30507812_806.jpg

n1398750903_30507817_2310.jpg

n1398750903_30507815_1708.jpg

That's my old kit, a refinished Ludwig Accent. I now have a Masters Studio BSX, but I don't have cases, so it's not going to be use for gigs yet. But rest assured, I will have pictures when they're unveiled to the public.

What sort of music do you all play? I would like to be in a small, quiet acoustic sort of band but a lot of music that would meet that criteria I don't think I would enjoy playing.

Me either...both of those settings required me to play quiet enough not to ride over the other musicians. I typically play loud, amplified music...in a rock band and fusion, in another band.

Have you played any gigs recently or was most of your work back in the 80s?

Toto and the Cars (actually the "NEW" Cars) were both last year.

July and Sept respectively.

We did a show with Uncle Kracker last Nov to a totally packed house of close to 2000 maniacs which was pretty cool.

We Played with Night Ranger and The Tubes (in late July THIS YEAR) at a large festival, and with Extreme and King's X (at the same theater as the Uncle Kracker show).

We played with Randy Bachman/Burton Comings (BTO-Guess Who) last month at the same "shed" as the (New) Cars show....large Pavilion area and a giant "hill".
I forgot my camera that day, but I was on a really cool riser that they rolled in and out.

We've been asked to open for some cool acts and have been really well received (with some very nice words from Simon Phillips (Toto) & Johnathan Mover (Tubes) too!).

We've done shows here and there at smaller clubs (between 200-500 capacity rooms) ourselves (and get to play way longer!).

This year it's just been the large places--I'm not complaining at all, but a longer set time would be great, and a smaller place can be just as fun.

I've done lots of shows since the mid 80's (like a lot of people here!), but I don't have those pics in the computer to upload, but some are kinda funny.

l_ee21346dbc936bb3ac5d3f758efd3da2.jpg

pic from the latest gig of my band @ guitar café , istanbul (dismounting my setup)

l_258c281c8547ff6826f7d17a9faad324.jpg

pic from a festival that we have played in as headliners

l_816687bb494a329c552b6a116d46a76f.jpg

on stage at the same venue as above

l_4c8cb0506c9e803962842bde978a2074.jpg

on stage in nokia supersound 06

Here's a few of mine

Opening for the Cars

P1010098.jpg

Opening for Toto

playingonstage.jpg

housefrombalcony.jpg

My "dinky" kit next to Simon's monster DB

myskitside.jpg

The grainy look....

onstage.jpg

Me and Simon Phillips

meSimon1.jpg

Me as Bun E. Carlos at a Halloween CT tribute show.

BunEKrafton.jpg

.....a crazy backdrop...what was I thinking with that ride mount?...didn't last long that way

FullFrontalJendzaPalooza.jpg

In the studio with the 20x26, and a 24" ride with rivets to crash!
A very fun session I was called in for! :)

KitInStudio.jpg

Love seeing that RS Ludwigs Karl have to say I'd like that kit better than the new cars & SP's kit and I thought you was opening for Cheap Trick also LOL Spitting Image of Ben E. good job.

Bonzolead

I've done lots of shows since the mid 80's (like a lot of people here!), but I don't have those pics in the computer to upload, but some are kinda funny.

That's cool. I was just poking fun. It's really impressive that you get to play with these big names.

I'm just infinitely confused by these bands who just don't know when to quit...but I guess as long as people are buying tickets...

That's cool. I was just poking fun. It's really impressive that you get to play with these big names.

I'm just infinitely confused by these bands who just don't know when to quit...but I guess as long as people are buying tickets...

My only thought on "when they should quit" is if they start to suck as musicians.
Good songs are good songs, so if they can be played well, the group still has the passion to perform, and people will come see it....then do it.

There's a lot of bands out there that are older, but still have chops and can keep up with any band out there.

A perfect example is Cheap Trick.

Not as popular or have the album sales as 20 years ago, but they can still pack a good size venue, and they are constantly on tour with acts that can pack the arenas.
They never put on a bad performance.

They are all great musicians, still write stuff that is good, and Robin Zander is STILL one of the greatest rock singers ever.
he can still hit the high notes and do it all from angy growl to the soft gooey stuff.

This guy can really sing, and I've seen him with the flu and he still sings great--and you could never tell...til after the show.

Bachman/Comings were great. The songs were great, the band they had was top notch, and even though one or two vocal notes weren't as powerful or as high as they were 30 years ago they were still great.

They were nice people, and the guy's in the band were all cool.

The place was sold out, and it's at least a 15,000 capacity venue.
So for a group that's been around 30+ years to pull in 15,000 is pretty good in my book.

...I could post some of he 80's pics...then you could really poke fun haha!...might look funny now, but the chicks really liked that stuff if you catch my drift ;-)

Back