Keith Moon asked to play Olympic opening ceremony

Wow, just wow.".......................

I went to the Olympic site a few weeks ago. A few things horrified me:

The giant McDonald's that was right in front of the stadium. They're an official sponsor. I suppose you can probably work out why I was horrified.

Secondly, Dow Chemical having the sponsorship rights to the sheathing on the stadium. Essentially, the stadium was to be clad by a sheath but it was removed due to government cutbacks. Dow Chemical decided to sponsor their own sheath. If anybody wants to know why I'm very uneasy with Dow having these sponsorship rights, refer below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster

Dow are now the owners of the factory where this occurred. Unfortunately it had to go to court rather than reaching what I would consider a fair settlement.

Unbelievable... you'll thought they'd know better... :(

... the e-mail response is good though.

You have to be kidding me. I was looking forward to the Olympics one, because I like the Olympics, and two because I wanted to see some of England. But now I wonder if this organizing committee has any clue as to what they are doing. I guess Elvis will be doing the closing ceremony. It was a toss up between him and Jim Morrison.

The Olympics event is managed by just another dumb giant corporation. Great response by The Who's manager. Got to give them points for doing their homework, though - at least they didn't send the letter to The Beatles's management :)

The whole Olympic movement seems a far cry from the ideals of glorious amateurism with a few naked Greeks running around straining for glory and no prizemoney. More or less the same as what happened to Christmas and Easter and the national day etc.

Roll right up and buy the special limited edition London 2012 Olympic Games stick pin with it's unique Big Ben design for a low, low £30!! Once in a lifetime opportunity!! Great investment and rare collectors' item!! Be one of the mere 3,623,865 proud owners of .... blah blah.

Sydney went into sales pitch mode in 2000 - The Best City In the World! We've got a bridge and an opera house and beaches and ... other stuff!!!

This is what you Brits have to look forward to. If you dare to not be ecstatic you'd be sidelined as a grinch. The general Pollyannish vibe around Sydney during those two weeks made me want to puke :)

// end rant

The Olympics event is managed by just another dumb giant corporation. Great response by The Who's manager. Got to give them points for doing their homework, though - at least they didn't send the letter to The Beatles's management :)

The whole Olympic movement seems a far cry from the ideals of glorious amateurism with a few naked Greeks running around straining for glory and no prizemoney. More or less the same as what happened to Christmas and Easter and the national day etc.

Roll right up and buy the special limited edition London 2012 Olympic Games stick pin with it's unique Big Ben design for a low, low £30!! Once in a lifetime opportunity!! Great investment and rare collectors' item!! Be one of the mere 3,623,865 proud owners of .... blah blah.

Sydney went into sales pitch mode in 2000 - The Best City In the World! We've got a bridge and an opera house and beaches and ... other stuff!!!

This is what you Brits have to look forward to. If you dare to not be ecstatic you'd be sidelined as a grinch. The general Pollyannish vibe around Sydney during those two weeks made me want to puke :)

// end rant

haha! love it!

This is great news!! I was only 9 when Moon died so I never got to see him play live.

I am REALLY excited about this. I wasn't planning on going to the 2012 Olympics, but If he's going to be there playing with all the original members of The Who, I am SO there.

I'm assuming if Moony will be there, that Entwistle will also be there, right? He's only been dead for 10 years.

Wow....exciting news!!!

Last edited:
this person who requested Keith can't possibly be from My Generation

Moon is a little rusty but would still probably be better than most drummers out there today.

// end rant

Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.
;-)

Back