I busted my DW pedal...In half!

Yea, I don't know, I've had an IC and the DW for as long as I have been playing, and I always found myself switching back and forth between the two. In a way, it was cool, because when I'd switch I'd be stoked all over again. I felt that the IC was a lot more responsive for how I play.

I've had a set of 5000's for 10 years and never had a problem. As with any product that is produced there will be failures and problems.

I have a dw 4000, and seeing this makes me worry, I've had it for about 2 years, so what would you guys say is the average life for my kind of pedal's board? i do stomp from time to time.

I don't believe pedals have a certain 'life' span. I think it just has to do with how you play it, and if its a quality pedal, and luck can also become a factor; Some say they have played with their DW pedal for years and have never had any problems, well, I did. Everyone raves about DW hardware (and drums) and how good it is, but for touring? No, DW hardware is not reliable 'tour tough' hardware. I had all 9000 stands and they all were becoming flimsy on me after a few months, and a couple of the memory locks busted. I have a friend who manages the Guitar Center in Colorado Springs, and he was once endorsed by DW, left DW and now plays for Pearl because he was fed up with them, hes a touring drummer, and I've heard nothing but bad things about DW's service and with there material...Sure they're expensive and they sound really good, but I could say the same thing about an Orange County. I guess when It comes down to it, it just depends on your luck, some have good luck with certain hardware and product, some don't. DW I guess, is not 'my choice'.

I don't believe pedals have a certain 'life' span. I think it just has to do with how you play it, and if its a quality pedal, and luck can also become a factor; Some say they have played with their DW pedal for years and have never had any problems, well, I did. Everyone raves about DW hardware (and drums) and how good it is, but for touring? No, DW hardware is not reliable 'tour tough' hardware. I had all 9000 stands and they all were becoming flimsy on me after a few months, and a couple of the memory locks busted. I have a friend who manages the Guitar Center in Colorado Springs, and he was once endorsed by DW, left DW and now plays for Pearl because he was fed up with them, hes a touring drummer, and I've heard nothing but bad things about DW's service and with there material...Sure they're expensive and they sound really good, but I could say the same thing about an Orange County. I guess when It comes down to it, it just depends on your luck, some have good luck with certain hardware and product, some don't. DW I guess, is not 'my choice'.

Wow, I never have anyone say anything like that about DW.

But In my Opinion I can see your stand point. I haven't really used DW that much, a couple of stands and maybe a pedal or two in the past but nothing more.
But, when you say it comes down to luck, well....I dont know if that would be right, per say. It really depends on the quality of the product and how it is treated. If it is just thrown around, then yes, it will have a shorter life. But since I have not really "officialy" toured I cant disagree or agree with you fully.

Peace
AGR

Yea, well what I meant by luck was that some people have their pedal for years and years and another person can have the same pedal for a shorter amount of time and it could bust earlier than expected. I could of said that better, rather than referring to it as 'luck'.

lol man!!! a friend of mine did the same thing 5-6 years ago to pair of sonors i had Double pedal.... big up

Ouch DW pedals are expensive but man breaking a sonar is certainly something you don't want to make a habbit of, I hope it wasn't a giant step otherwise there is much irony in the incident.

Back