Joey Jordison - New ProMark models being released

D

DamoSyzygy

For lovers of all things Joey, ProMark are having a launch of his new sticks shortly and I thought some people on here may want to know about it.

joey.jpg

And tree hand gloves! Just like Hulk Hands!

o:
He is so obviously against the whole aesthetic/material concept of the music biz, just look at him! It's very clear where his true motives are.

I just find it very hard to believe any young drummer would want to emulate him. Wow, but thanks Damo for the post. I'm sure someone will buy them.

Hmm, I think ill get sum of his old aheads to add them to my collection. I like Joey, I think he is great behind the kit. Slipknot can be a little overbearing at times though.

You know, Joey's an alright drummer, I like some of the stuff he does. But geez, ditch the silly Slipknot get up for once.

Further info I received today from Pat Brown at ProMark.

For those asking what size they are….

They are a 5A diameter (.551” or 14mm), 16” long. Very similar to our Oak 777, but in hickory.

Round wood tip.

I bet he could pull off some great brush sounds with those tree hands of his.

You know, Joey's an alright drummer, I like some of the stuff he does. But geez, ditch the silly Slipknot get up for once.

I take it you have never seen him play with any other groups then?

Here is what I see...

Is Joey Talented? Yes
Does Slipknot have a gimmick? Yes
Did it work for them? Yes
Do they all have other side projects without gimmicks? Yes
Do those work? Yes
Do they make money doing all this? Yes

So what's the problem? I'm not saying everyone has to like them, or thier music, but I say respect them for what they do.

I can understand why people are ripping on the guy...I'm no fan either. But...what if...just what if...it's a really good stick? Would it matter who's signature is on it?

I take it you have never seen him play with any other groups then?

Here is what I see...

Is Joey Talented? Yes
Does Slipknot have a gimmick? Yes
Did it work for them? Yes
Do they all have other side projects without gimmicks? Yes
Do those work? Yes
Do they make money doing all this? Yes

So what's the problem? I'm not saying everyone has to like them, or thier music, but I say respect them for what they do.

I like Joey's drumming. I like what he did with Roadrunner United.

I'm going to see Chris Adler at a signing today because I like his drumming. I don't like Styx, but I like Todd Sucherman.

Simple enough dude.

PLEASE NOTE:
In my past few posts, I have only mocked his whole costume-get up-thing he does. I think it's just kinda silly.

I'm not an avid 'Knot fan, but I like their music; besides, I think this thread is about Joey Jordison's sig sticks, not the whole Slipknot getup...

With that said, whatever happened to his deal with Ahead?

Back