Thrash/Heavy Metal Band names?

I think there's a classic episode of Beevis and Butthead from season one or two where they have a method of devising band names where they just make 3 seperate lists of words and then just randomly throw them together like "Satan's Death Pod" or "Raging Chainsaw Monkey"

Dude, remember the old Bevis and Butthead book "This Book Sucks"?

HAHA, they had a tool in there for building metal band names...

I remember my favorite one being "Satan's Deathship"

ROFL.

Lemme see if I can find the page in the book...

~B

I think there's a classic episode of Beevis and Butthead from season one or two where they have a method of devising band names where they just make 3 seperate lists of words and then just randomly throw them together like "Satan's Death Pod" or "Raging Chainsaw Monkey"

Haha I just saw this. HAHAHA It's also in the book.

~B

Necrofascistnanalhunger

Craigslist Killers

I'd hold off on anything necro-
overused (Necrophagist, Necrophasia, Necrophiliac)

and,
Aneurysm sounds cool. Google/myspace it though, just to be sure.
Or, try to be way out there, like Job For A Cowboy or Rage Against the Machine, or even We All Have Day Jobs.

What do you guys think about this:

Aneurysm

???

I think i either need a frontal lobotamy or a bottle-in-front'a'me

There's like 260 bands when you search myspace music: aneurysm,

How bout aneu-rhythms?

You choose:

Eternal Dark
Darkmancer
In Coma
Symbolic
Night Crawler
Dead Prowler

I know, its really lame to ask this, but I can't think of any.

Does anyone have any suggestions for band names?
Me and my friends can't come up with one, and its been almost a year.

We play Trash Metal, and Heavy Metal.
(like Metallica, Disturbed, Black Sabbath, Pantera, etc.)

So please, no stupid names.

P.S. I find it weird that the hardest thing about being in a band, is thinking of a name. lol

How about Magnus 666. Or Junior Skid Boy. Or Rotten Blade and his Dirty Little Secrets Or Junior Magnus. Or Dirty Little Juniors. Or Boy Rotten. Or Dirty Little Magnus. Or ... You probably should think of a name yourself.

Good luck, Have fun

GJS

How about Magnus 666. Or Junior Skid Boy. Or Rotten Blade and his Dirty Little Secrets Or Junior Magnus. Or Dirty Little Juniors. Or Boy Rotten. Or Dirty Little Magnus. Or ... You probably should think of a name yourself.

Good luck, Have fun

GJS

Those names are waaaayyyy to playful.
Im looking for serious titles, and I've narrowed it down too:

Aneurysm
Dealing Death

I'd hold off on anything necro-
overused (Necrophagist, Necrophasia, Necrophiliac)

and,
Aneurysm sounds cool. Google/myspace it though, just to be sure.
Or, try to be way out there, like Job For A Cowboy or Rage Against the Machine, or even We All Have Day Jobs.

Also necro- is reserved for death metal.

I came up with a couple for 2 bands I was in. One was named after a radio station that we thought was cool and the name kind of matched. Another was a town that the band thought sounded cool.

If you are along the death/weapons/power kind of path you could try just finding something like
Saxitoxin (virus)
Hellfire, Talos (Missile names)

or something like that. I just found those by looking around wikipedia for a few minutes.

It would be good if it meant something to the band or type of music you play.

I might avoid Aneurysm if there are already a bunch with that name. Dealing death is alright, but a little generic, it depends on what you are going for exactly.

Also necro- is reserved for death metal.

I came up with a couple for 2 bands I was in. One was named after a radio station that we thought was cool and the name kind of matched. Another was a town that the band thought sounded cool.

If you are along the death/weapons/power kind of path you could try just finding something like
Saxitoxin (virus)
Hellfire, Talos (Missile names)

or something like that. I just found those by looking around wikipedia for a few minutes.

It would be good if it meant something to the band or type of music you play.

I might avoid Aneurysm if there are already a bunch with that name. Dealing death is alright, but a little generic, it depends on what you are going for exactly.

I found an Italian Trash-Metal band that is virtually unheard of named Aneurysm.
But screw that, I'd still use it. lol

Back