Chad Szeliga

Bryan Inferno

One of the most underrated drummers in my opinion, was reasonably surprised not to see him listed here, so I figured I would jump at the opportunity, as he has becoming one of my favorite drummers.

If you have listened to Breaking Benjamin at all from the album Phobia until now, you would get a glimpse of his drumming, very technical and jazzy for a rock drummer, and you really have to listen to the subtle things he does to add flavor to the drumming without taking away from the rest of the music.

I also enjoy his instructional vids, he likes to post videos on how to play his songs, and finishes them off with some advanced technique.

Check him out if you haven't and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNLUYlJYAsE

Yes hes an amazing drummer and a really nice guy, i've talked to him once or twice.

If you watch his guitar center drum off vid you can see how explosive he is. Yet when listening to his music, hes so controlled and relaxed.

He's one of those drummers with somethin in him that most don't have. I'm jealous

Never heard of him before - that was impressive...

Yes I like Szelgia a lot.

He is an absolute master at cymbal accents, the accent placement and dynamics are brilliant.

He is one of my favorite drummers to date. Loved him ever since i first heard Phobia in 2008. I actually emailed drummersworld a few months ago to get them to put him in the list of drummers here. He really is so good and underrated. Plus he is so many great instructional videos on youtube. He really gives back to the drumming community. That right there is a good reason alone to get him on this site.

Big fan of Chad's as well from the Breaking Benjamin days...nice to see him still groovin' his butt off with BLS.

He and Daniel Adair are two of my favorite contemporary hard rock drummers. Both are about the same age, too: late 30s. Serious chops and versatility.

I cant believe the negative comments on some of his videos. I mean WTF? I really don't understand people today. If they think this guy is terrible, I might as well quit now.

Back