Clear G2/EMPERORS for batter and reso?

cDark3r

Would that work at all? Should you avoid dual ply heads for reso? I'm playing coated pinstripe for batter and ambassadors for reso. I'm not getting enough attack from them(no attack at all).

It'll work but it might not be what you want. The Pinstripes you're running might be your only problem, especially if they're old. Ditto for the resos - if they're old and stretched out they won't be helping matters any.

Personally, I wouldn't use 2-ply heads for resos, but I like a more open sound with tons of attack. 2-ply resos are likely to take you in the opposite direction.

I use emperors top and bottom, or G2s top and bottom, and I get pretty good singing tones out of my drums. I theorize that I want the same kind of reaction from both sides of the toms. But I guess it depends on what you want. I suggest you try both to see if you hear any big difference.

How old are the heads on your kit? Sounds like it might be time to replace batter and reso. There are plenty of guys using two ply top and bottom, especially on floor toms to really get a nice deep rumble out of it.

How old are the heads on your kit? Sounds like it might be time to replace batter and reso. There are plenty of guys using two ply top and bottom, especially on floor toms to really get a nice deep rumble out of it.

My batters is like one month old. Maybe a little more. But my resos are atleast seven years old. But I still want to know if it works with 2-ply resos...

Back