Looking for new ride and hi hat

Hey I am new to the forum, so ill just keep it simple...

Looking for new hi hat and ride to complement the sound for my maple kit. Im on a budget so not too expensive.

Hi man, welcome to Drummerworld.

To make accurate reccomendations we need to know more: Which styles do you play? What other cymbals do you have? What are you looking for? Versatility, volume, finesse, brightness, darkness?

Anyway.. A Zildjians are always a safe choice. Great line, very versatile. New Beats are pretty much the all-time standard hi-hats. A Medium Rides or A Sweet Rides are very versatile and well regarded cymbals as well. Look used, you can find good deals on eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome!
I play alot of blues and classic rock, with a little funk mixed in there to spice it up. Im looking for bright. And thanks for the recommendations, I will check them out.

Everyone hears things differently and likes different things, so you're just gonna have to try them out yourself to find what you like.

Ideally, you'll try them out a drum store in person, however if that's not an option, mycymbal.com is a great place to hear hundreds of cymbals from zildjian, sabian, pasite, meinl, agop, and bosphorus.
Cymbals do sound different in person though, so be wary of this when checking out the samples and videos.

A Zildjians are always a safe choice. Great line, very versatile. New Beats are pretty much the all-time standard hi-hats. A Medium Rides or A Sweet Rides are very versatile and well regarded cymbals as well. Look used, you can find good deals on eBay, Craigslist, etc.

This^^^.

If you want bright high qualite versatile cymbals that are not super high priced.

Oh, and definately try to buy used. You'll save a ton.

Back