Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Very nice, Do you plan on putting those two rack toms a little closer for better fills? They just seem too far apart.

Enjoy that great Gretsch sound. I also would try to place the rack toms closer together. Peace and goodwill.

Enjoy that great Gretsch sound. I also would try to place the rack toms closer together. Peace and goodwill.

Yeah. This was the pic that I took as soon as I got it put together. I'm not used to using these types of mounts yet so getting them where I want them is taking a little time. Thanks!

Hey what works, works. Those things are going to boom. I love 'em. Steve Ferrone green, go for it.

Something about the hoops and lugs makes Gretsch drums look really classy. The die cast hoops look a little deeper than other brands. It makes the drums look really sturdy or something, can't put my finger on it.

Yeah. This was the pic that I took as soon as I got it put together. I'm not used to using these types of mounts yet so getting them where I want them is taking a little time. Thanks!

I think the first thing you want to do is drop the mount down and turn the L arms to face up instead of down

A face lift on the Renowns with a new head from member Chunkaway. Love the Fiberskins. Props to him for a great deal.

Attachments

• DSC08814.JPG
    DSC08814.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 3,039
Last edited:
My only Gretsch, got it yesterday.

8" x 14" Gretsch Hand-Hammered Brass Snare

2eeigdk.jpg

Well if you only have one Gretsch piece that is a beautiful one to have. Very nice indeed.

Gretsch Renown Purewood Hickory.
Was doing a bit of recording using 2 x CAD M179 condenser mike's. Alesis iodock, iPad 3 and Auria(iPad DAW).

Attachments

• IMG_1936.JPG
    IMG_1936.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 3,407
How an artist would see my kit,

Attachments

• Renown.jpg
    Renown.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2,754
Back