My favorite sticks

Pro-Mark 2B Nylon tip (Oak)

Vic Firth Peter Erskine signature model. Long, skinny, mildly heavy, and with a ballin' bead on the end that's sure to impress. Truly, the only way to go.

Vater 5B and 7A...

Nylon tips - they gives a brighter tone and more bounce on cymbals and drums

:( I miss my Johnny Rabb 7A wood tip acorn....

Those were my favorite sticks ever - Everything I've played with since then have been too short. *sigh*

My favorite pair sticks are Vic Firth 5B! they are perfect!

Pro Mark 5A (Hickory)
They last longer than other sticks according to me, never had any sticks that could take more beatings than those (And now i talk wodden sticks only!)

I've just gone back to good ol' Vater New Orleans Jazz sticks. Feels like home immediately; they're fantastic.

I love Vic Firth hickory sticks. I was going from 5A to 5B, but always wanting a different tip. I recently picked up Zorros' signature stick frim VF.
Basically a 5A withe a barrel tip. Works for all types of music for me.
I'm happy.

Vater Manhattan 7A, with nylon tips.

I just love the thickness and length of this stick! Also, I tend to break stick tips (and even the slightest tip chipping affects sound, especially on the ride!) far before I break anything else, so I also love the nylon tips.

Pro-Mark Japan Oak 747's. Basically a 5a with a heavier end. I have never liked hickory sticks, to me, the wood is so dry, dense, and light, that it will crack easily, and a well placed relitivly hard hit on a rim will break a hickory stick right down the shaft. Japan Oak, is a softer, heavier, and a little less dense. They sort of shave down rather than just breaking when the time is time. But anyways, thats all just preference.

in order of preferance

Promark- SD2
Vic Firth- SD2
Vic Firth- SD9 (driver)

Brushes- Regal Tip Jeff Hamilton sig's

I like to practice rudiments with VF SD1- generals. Sound horrible but they're a good work out

Pro-Mark American Hickory 2B Naturals for Rock
Pro-Mark 5A Acid Jazz for Jazz
I also use the Pro-Mark TB6, and B300 brushes

My favourite sticks are pro mark 747 rock ( hickory, wood tip ) an excellent stick that is very versitile.

In no particular order:
- Vic Firth Steve Gadd Signature
- Vic Firth Dave Weckl Evolution

and some random more...mainly Vic Firth still...
would like to try Ahead Lars Ulrich Signature sticks...anyone got any experiences?

Back