Martin Lopez

There were a couple of cool tracks on the album but to me I felt they had lost their soul to a new producer or something... it sounded perfectly in time, alot more produced and maybe a bit more theatrical as though they were playing up some of their themes that were better when they were subtle.

Still life, Blackwater park, Deliverance and Damnation are where it's at for me.

Gotta be the addition of those keys! :lol:

So Soen's album came out a couple weeks ago. I got it a few days ago, I like it a lot so far, but it's really tough to get over the similarities to Tool.

The "badly" (= machine gun -like) triggered snare drum is a major turn-off for me.

Wow, see, I'm the exact opposite. I actually think Ghost Reveries was their strongest album, but it's probably worthy to note I'm more a fan of prog metal than death metal, and Ghost Reveries is definitely more the former than earlier albums.

Do you have an approx. time for what you're referring to in Deliverance? I'd like to have another listen as I always felt the drumming in that song was impeccable.

I agree with you man!...GHost reveries for me was a nother masterpiece!...I thought it was just as well put together as deliverance,damnation,blackwater parc and still life!...The drumming is just amazing threw out the hole album I find!

Opeth is definitely one of my favorite live bands, and Lopez imo is the best drummer they've ever had (not counting Gene Hoglan's time spent filling in).

Back