View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Bad recording experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post
Good talk. I never saw anyone so personally invested in defending unprofessional behavior.

Kids, don't believe everything you read on the internet. The engineer's behavior described in the original post is extremely unorthodox. Clearly the guy was a hack, and only knew how to do one thing, and was covering for his incompetence with bluster. It's worth it to always go to the best studio you can afford-- you'll get better results in less time and you'll learn how things are done correctly. They make it very easy.
While agree with your last paragraph, I just don't see it that way. They hired him to be producer AND engineer the record. Drummer didn't want to cut a hole in his reso so he took the head off. Maybe it would make you feel better if he asked the drummer to remove it himself. I just don't think its as big of a deal as you are making it.

If i recall correctly I agreed to disagree with you on page 1...and page 2...and probably page 3...you are the one that has continued to drag out this discussion over and over again tirelessly because you can't seem to just be ok with the fact I don't see it like you do...as if you have to prove your point and make snarky comments and try to write off my experiences, even though you know nothing about me or my credits or what i have done in my career. You can think I'm wrong...I really could care less, but move on. This thread will be a lot better off