jammin sam drum wrap?

Another positive experience with Jammin Sam (2014).

Attachments

• IMG_20141004_155335_673-1200x1200.jpg
    IMG_20141004_155335_673-1200x1200.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Digging up this old thread because the experience I just had was unreal. I called asking if they'd do a striped sparkle finish. He told me it'd be triple the price because I'm buying 3 wraps, which is completely fair and understandable. But then he went on to tell me it's dated and my idea sucks. He said, line for line "you're thinking too much of the color of the drums man, people just look at them and that's what they see." I've never dealt with a worse salesman. Not only was he telling me not to purchase his product because it's not warranted or guaranteed, he also stated he would overcharge me and enjoy doing so. AND then he decides that's not enough so he'll start insulting the potential customer before saying "take your business elsewhere" and hanging up. Dude was a complete asshole on all ends of things.

DO NOT WRAP YOUR DRUMS WITH JAMMIN SAM, JUST DON'T DO IT!

Digging up this old thread because the experience I just had was unreal. I called asking if they'd do a striped sparkle finish. He told me it'd be triple the price because I'm buying 3 wraps, which is completely fair and understandable. But then he went on to tell me it's dated and my idea sucks. He said, line for line "you're thinking too much of the color of the drums man, people just look at them and that's what they see." I've never dealt with a worse salesman. Not only was he telling me not to purchase his product because it's not warranted or guaranteed, he also stated he would overcharge me and enjoy doing so. AND then he decides that's not enough so he'll start insulting the potential customer before saying "take your business elsewhere" and hanging up. Dude was a complete asshole on all ends of things.

DO NOT WRAP YOUR DRUMS WITH JAMMIN SAM, JUST DON'T DO IT!

This is not the first time I've heard that they are ornery. I've only dealt with BumWrap, and my experience was absolutely excellent!

I recently recovered a Ludwig kit. I called jammin Sam first. He was very personable, but the quoted cost was about $510. I only paid $400 for the kit which I bought with the intention of recovering.

I then checked with Bumwrap, who were also pleasant to deal with. The wrap price, including pre-mounted tape was $220.

I ended up going with Bum wrap due to the price, and the kit looks great.

That being said, my next project will be recovering a 16 " floor tom and possibly a snare to match a black oyster mid sixties kick and rack tom. Due to the real-deal color match, I'll be using Sam.

Bumwraps digital finishes are very good, but they can't quite duplicate the actual finish when side by side with the real thing.

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 555
I looked into jammin sam and he has prices listed for kit a and kit b, prices were under 200 for a 4 piece. i called and for 3 drums, an 18 inch bass drum and 10 and 14 toms it was almost 300?!?!!? made no sense. didnt buy needless to say,

I've had several great experiences with Jammin' Sam. Sam truly cares about his product and his customers. Don't be fooled by the haters.

Attachments

• PXL_20210505_010400874~2.jpg
    PXL_20210505_010400874~2.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20210505_181616556.jpg
    PXL_20210505_181616556.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 6
Back