Buying a Snarecase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gonna buy a snarecase for my Supraphonic snare, 14"x6.5".
Was thinking about a SKB snarecase
Should I buy a 14"x6,5" Case or a 14"5,5" snarecase?
because I heard that a 14"x6,5 snare fits better in a 14"x5,5" SKB snarecase?!

Is that true?

help! :D

Yep, it's true. I have two SKB's for my supra and BB....both drums are 6.5" deep and I have them in the 14 x 5.5 cases. Fits perfectly. The 6.5 case just had a little too much room for my liking.

very wise decision...

I called SKB one day because one of the plastic strap clips got stepped on over cement and broke. They didn't ask any questions except for where to ship the spare clips to. They mailed me the replacement plus an extra!

Now that's service.

I will need some more cases in the future, what am I going to get?

exactly.

Yep, it's true. I have two SKB's for my supra and BB....both drums are 6.5" deep and I have them in the 14 x 5.5 cases. Fits perfectly. The 6.5 case just had a little too much room for my liking.

I don't mean to hijack this but I have a 5" Supra. Should I look at the 4x14 size for a hard case?

I don't mean to hijack this but I have a 5" Supra. Should I look at the 4x14 size for a hard case?

Timely post Brady. I have one also ("66 vintage and I really wanna protect this thing). I've been looking around Oz for a 14 x 4 to 'house' it in, but I'm told they are not available here and I'd have to order it online from the States. I'm currently tossing up between a 14 x 4 SKB OR a Hardcase (which I also use, love and reccommend).....BUT, I'd put my own soul in an SKB and feel safe with it.

So to answer your question, I've found that SKB's have some head room in them and if I wanted to fit my 5" depth snare snugly inside of one, I'd be looking at the 4" version to house a 5" depth snare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back