Buying a cowbell this afternoon - which one!?

When mounting cowbells on my bass drum hoop i put a little piece of sponge on each side to avoid the teeth marks generally left behind by cowbell mounts. It works fine i never have any problems with slipping or anything

Every time that I put a kit together I never seem to allow for the cowbell.
I put all of my drums and cymbals exactly where I want them and then I think to myself,
"Crap! Where an I going to mount the freakin cowbell?"
I have never found the perfect place for this queer shaped but necessary gadget.
I just stick it in a precarious spot on the hoop of my bass drum and deal with it as this
weird thing that isn't round that I have to try and hit every now and then.

You could always mount it, without a mount straight onto the hi hat (loop it through the excess metal stick above the hi hat cymbals).

Sam

Meinl-CBH-20-Kuhglockenhalter.jpg

pr_01_1436_max.jpg

I have the same mount, i only payed a little bit for it, so it was worth it, but i want to let you know ahead of time the rod slips down and out of place every now again while i'm playing, it's not too big of a deal for me because im not that big on cowbells, i kinda just like em around for fun, but it if you're going to be very dependant on this cowbell i suggest you spend a little extra on something a little higher quality

You beat me too it Zickos'

I have 2 antique cowbells from the farm - one even has the original heavy metal beater in it - they sound great.

I used to have one but I lost it at a gig. It was probably 75 years old. :-( And, yes, it sounded great, better than what I have now. I keep looking for one in antique stores.

I use an LP or Gibraltar percussion mount off a rack tube or cymbal stand, and when I'm using more than one cowbell I use an extra-long Z-shaped post that must have come from an LP Everything Rack. I've never been a fan of hoop mounting, and for some obvious reasons.

This set of cowbells might look oddly familiar to some...

Attachments

• P1010264cows.png
    P1010264cows.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,917
Back