Derek Roddy here!

derek, even if you won't put the forum back online to post on, is there anyway for people to see the threads that were already there? (specifically some technique sticky threads). i've tried going through google search/cache but it's proving most troublesome. i never posted there at all, but lurked every so often because some of the information was really useful. wish i had have saved the stuff to word documents now. cheers.

derek, even if you won't put the forum back online to post on, is there anyway for people to see the threads that were already there? (specifically some technique sticky threads). i've tried going through google search/cache but it's proving most troublesome. i never posted there at all, but lurked every so often because some of the information was really useful. wish i had have saved the stuff to word documents now. cheers.

Yeah, eventually I'll put the forum back up for archive purposes. There is loads of good info about gaining speed, technique and whatnot. I wouldn't want to see that go away entirely.

Cheers,
D

Hey Derek! Did you ever sale that Thomas Lang practice kit? I was looking for a used one. Or if you have any new reccommendations? Thanks

Hey Mr Roddy, that was a cool jam video you posted, is there any way to download Serpent's Rise? The links aren't working.

I had a question about how I should approach writing drums for a song. After a jam, I often completely forget something nice-sounding I created. I chalk it up to poor discipline, but is there some way to improve recollection? I can do it on a guitar riff, on the drums, it's hard to remember what I was hitting when.

Sorry to pester you with so many questions. Really cool to read your responses to other drummers. Thanks.

- Reggae Mangle

Hey brother, yea...the Serpents Rise stuff is down at the moment. I'll have all that back up when I get my new website finished. Should be in the next couple weeks....so stay tuned.
As far as remembering parts....record yourself. I never sit down and play anymore without recording it. That's how I remember stuff. Haha.

Cheers,
D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxeMsQpeUoY&list=UUTM9iDloA1TRAb8SKv4s9Ww&index=1

For those interested...I have a new band I'm working on. Check it out.
We are still looking for a suitable name, bass player and vocalist.

More progress videos as they happen and we should have a release out by summer this year.

Hope you dig,

D
Awesome blasts as always- but 3.00- 3.08? Now THAT'S a fill!!
Hoped you've narrowed down the list of band name choices (come on, give us a hint, just a little one)??

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Todd, man...every name we come up with is taken. Haha....or, being used I should say. I highly doubt that these new bands have spent the 1500 to trademark their names.

But, we're still searching. We're trying to have name that doesn't scream "metal" per say. Something unique for a metal band.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

D

Great advice, Mr Roddy! Thank you, I shall try to do that!

How about "Temple Runner"?

- Reggae Mangle

Great advice, Mr Roddy! Thank you, I shall try to do that!

How about "Temple Runner"?

- Reggae Mangle
You'll be surprised at what you can learn from recording yourself. And, video taping as well. You should do that as much as possible. You can correct and improve on so much when you see it.

Cheers,
D

That's what I was thinking I would do!

imag0021ye.jpg

Have a snug little space between my kit and my computer, could always just switch on the webcam and record everytime I play!

Makes so much sense and I'm really excited to try it out and then dissect all my inconsistencies and poor technique!

Awesome, Mr Roddy, truly awesome! Thanks very much!

- Reggae Mangle

Finally picked up your new DVD, Derek (and George's new one, too)!

Definitely an interesting and entertaining watch. You've put a lot of info into that running time.
Great idea to have that 'panel' of fellow drummers bringing in lots of aspects/questions.

Your setup makes perfect sense. Also cool to learn that some settings aren't fixed but may be adjusted on a day-to-day basis, what feels best at a particular moment. Overall a lot of cool ideas to pick up instead of producing the gazillionth DVD on drum technique - thumbs up!

Last edited:
Back