Trick pro 1 v - Demon Drive

jefferydrummer

I am looking to upgrade my yamaha pedal to one of these two, but am not sure.

I currently have a 9000 on my tama starclassic elite, and it is amazing it is so smooth and as i play alot of doubles using both feet and this pedal is ideal although i would like to have a go on a longboard set. Obviously the trick is a bit pricey but if it will last a fair few years and will be as good/better than my 9000 (which i use all the time, so is well worn in)

I cant find anywhere to try them both out as the trick pedal has to be imported from America so not many shops have them.

Your help will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Jet

There are some discussions about this already (the Demon came out a year ago.)

I used the 9000 since it went into production, and switched to the Pro1-v when it came out. The Demon is a very nice pedal, but not nice enough to get me to switch, and it's priced comparable to the Trick (both are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.)

But I would also rate the Demon above the 9000, so either way, you'll get a great pedal. But I recommend the Trick.

Bermuda

From my personal experience Trick seems to have the best quality in material, and they will last the longest. I have tried out the Pearl Demon drive, and it seems nice, but a little high maintenance much like the axis pedals.

When the Demon Drives came out last year, I probably auditioned every high end pedal I could get my foot on. It took me about two months but I picked the Trick Pro 1 V's. There are a lot of pedals that work well for me, but it's the easy to reach controls that made the Trick stand above all the rest. No more crawling on the floor to make a simple tension adjust and all other adjustments are made with a standard drum key. Another thing that really impressed me was that the Trick was absolutely noiseless in their design. If I wanted I could place a microphone right next to the pedal and get the attack from the beater without worrying about pedal noise. The smoothness, power and response go without saying.

With many direct comparisons with DW, Tama, Pearl, Axis and Yamaha, the Trick Pro 1 V was the pedal that fit Me the best. It may not Fit you as well. Pedals in this category are expensive and I wouldn't recommend buying one unless you're able to personally try them out.

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Dennis

Last edited:
Back