New SJC Custom Dum Kit

The boys at SJC hooked me up with this short-stack kit. Sizes = 5x10, 6x13, 12x20, 4x14.
Enjoy.

dscf1458ev8.jpg

dscf1459rd9.jpg

dscf1460il1.jpg

dscf1461ef0.jpg

dscf1462rl8.jpg

silversparklelimesnarerq1.jpg

sjccompactkitmx8.jpg

Great for gigging. Love the blue retro look, but the green snare has got to go..Why not a matching snare.?

I love SJC :) I am amassing quite a collection of their stuff as well . Beautiful kits, green lugs arent for me but whatever floats your boat!!

That's a nice set but... I just think those neon green lugs look atrocious

Man I'm starting to regret buying the snare :(
I bought it because it was on sale for cheap and I wanted a piccolo snare. It is just a 6ply maple shell along with the rest of the kit.
I'd love to show this kit with some cymbals but I unfortunately had to sell mine in order to buy this kit...

I bought it because it was on sale for cheap and I wanted a piccolo snare. It is just a 6ply maple shell along with the rest of the kit.
I'd love to show this kit with some cymbals but I unfortunately had to sell mine in order to buy this kit...

Well, whatever gets the job done right?

Sorry to hear about the cymbals though. What kit did you have before this one?

Is easy to replace those lugs, just order a set when you get the cash, or with a little sandpaper and "Black" industrial metal spray paint will get you up n going with black lugs.

Don't feel bad about the lugs. That's an easy fix!

I would love to hear this kit. Do you have any recordings or video yet?

Actually I like that snare drum as a stand-alone drum, the neon green lugs look pretty cool on the silver :) But in combination with the blue it might be overcontrasting a little bit. But like burnthehero said: that's an easy fix if it really bothers you.
Beautiful kit!

Pretty cool! This thing will fit anywhere for ya...I bet it sounds fantastic too.

As for the lugs, they're not *that* bad. I like it myself, it's unusual. However, about $80 and maybe an hour of your time, swapping out the lugs would fix that for ya.

Yeah I'll probably leave them, I don't find the lugs TOO off putting.
I'll get some clips up eventually when some cymbals start inhabiting the kit.
and to LM201, my last kit was a Tama Superstar which I unfortunately had to sell because of house moving related reasons.

Yeah, I am with ya on the snare...regret. Those lugs OMG neon green...find some new lugs online and fix-er up and that snare will look far better. The kit looks amazing with that snare exception so I think you can throw on some new hardware and blend it in a bit...OH, and do you have any room for that kit? It looks as though it is crammed in up against a wall? Talk about playing in a box!

Thanks for sharing...love the blue

Back