GIF image for an avatar?

joshisaces

Gold Member
How do you make a GIF file your avatar. When I upload a GIF file it just freezes at a spot and doesn't move.

Or maybe Berhard disabled gifs for this forum, which I would applaud, because they can be fairly annoying.

If it's one you really like, I might be able to fix it for you. I made mine from scratch, lol.

Or maybe Berhard disabled gifs for this forum, which I would applaud, because they can be fairly annoying.

Yes, can be annoying...

...but there are no restriction beside the size (max 100 x 120) and weight: 300 kb - which is much too much anyway..

There are some animated gifts here in this forum as avatars, so i see no problem...

Bernhard

Yes, can be annoying...

...but there are no restriction beside the size (max 100 x 120) and weight: 300 kb - which is much too much anyway..

There are some animated gifts here in this forum as avatars, so i see no problem...

Bernhard

I got a gif to work but it was giving me a headache, so I made it a jpeg.

Toad kindly helped me out (ouch! should I have dobbed him in? :) and it appears I messed up the pixel specs and made it too large (it was only about 50kb).

If the GIF is fun I find the amusement factor greater than the annoyance factor, but I'm not exactly the grumpiest gal in town so I don't get bugged all that easily. At some stage I'll probably replace it but I'll give it a run for a while.

Yes, I agree that animated GIF's can be annoying. For me, the crappy ones are highly annoying and there are approximately one zillion crappy ones on the internet. :)

Hi.Try to use Video Avatar.It's tool can create animated gif.There you can choose a video formats, and make the gif.It's tool very quickly without any problems.:)

Wow, nothing better to do than cry about moving pictures. Like they said, it might not give you an error but the size is too large. Keep reducing and uploading until it works.

How about using some photo-editing program in which you can resize the image on a limited resolution (85x85 for users, and 100x100 for staff) and then use the proper tool (sharpness, lightning, saturation etc) to edit your picture as you wish. you'll get a nice and sharp picture avatar

Back