Air Pressure Pedal

It is ugly but if I ever have an extra 250 dollars lying around, it would be fun to try it out

No way in you know what that I'm going to get that, although I'd like to see one of my friends try to play it with my kit.

Interesting concept and I"m sure they will sell quite a few because it's different and guys will just have to try it. To many things to go wrong there for my liking.

"When this pneumatic force is plotted as a function of beater displacement a graph that is hyperbolic or nonlinear results." ~DUH!

Thanks, but I'll stick to springs. I only went to public school.

"When this pneumatic force is plotted as a function of beater displacement a graph that is hyperbolic or nonlinear results." ~DUH!

Thanks, but I'll stick to springs. I only went to public school.

I think what he means to say is that the farther you press it, the faster it comes back to you. I think. He should put things in simple language if he wants to make it easier for people to buy it.

Neat concept. I'm into freaky gear so this is something I'd like to try. I'd like to hear what MD says in a review.

When a spring breaks at a gig...put on a new one. When the pump or air seals blow on this one, start digging for the spare pedal. I emailed them about the warranty and the expected life of the seals...waiting for a reply.

When a spring breaks at a gig...put on a new one. When the pump or air seals blow on this one, start digging for the spare pedal. I emailed them about the warranty and the expected life of the seals...waiting for a reply.

Air seals last for years in shock absorbers, where they are put into much more demanding use than a foot pedal. If this is designed well, the seals should last indefinitely, no matter how hard the playing.

Here is the email I got back from the Pres. of the company.

John,
Thanks for your interest in Airlogic Percussion. There really are no seals in the air cylinder. The cylinder incorporates a rolling diaphragm that will last for millions of cycles. The diaphragm does provide the air tight seal to the air chamber. However, eventually the diaphragm will fail just like a spring fails. The diaphragms are very easy to replace. I offer a 1 year warranty but I have pedals that have been in service for years that are still working perfectly. Due to the fact that most of the components are machined from billet aluminum, the pedals are extremely durable.

Please feel free to call with any questions, 440-888-8813.

Thanks,
Dave Ruprecht
President, Airlogic Percussion, Ltd.

Back